Chapter 35

Cyrus POV

I was really enjoying the atmosphere being here at Andis with everyone.

Then I heard Bowies voice booming over the speakers.

"Everyone the calvary is here! I come bearing more food and a new guest! Meet Marty! " he said.

I looked over at Buffy standing over by the kitchen counter with Walker. Her face was unreadable but I knew her she's my best friend.

Andi and I looked at each other with a look saying "we've gotta help her".

We stood up together and walked to Marty and helped him put out the food.

"Marty! Long time no see buddy" I said.  I gave him a quick hug and glanced over at Buffy. She mouthed "thankyou " to me.

Andi looked at him with a big smile,  " hey do u kno amber and tj? Come sit with us! " and Marty just walked over with Andi and I. He sat in between andi and I. We introduced them all.

"So, what's ur deal with Buffy? " amber asked and Marty frowned at that question.

"If I had been aware Bowie was Andis dad I wouldn't have come, I kno that if Cyrus or andi are there I'm bound to run into buffy" he said sadly.

Tj piped up, "hey man its new years eve - tomorrow starts a new year! Why not just enjoy yourself? & if your uncomfortable its ok for you to leave" he said cheering him up. 

I looked at Buffy and walker and they seemed to be in an intense conversation. Walker went to Bowie, said a few words, shook his hand, and walked out.

Then at the same time both my phone and Andis phone buzzed.

Buffy: so much for no drama with ex crushes. Walker went home.

Andi looked at me, "I'll take care of it",  she said and walked over to buffy.

"Hungry? "Tj asked us. "I certainly am! " I replied to my sweetie with a smile. Marty shook his head and picked up a cup from the table in front of us and poured himself some coca cola. "Keep him company? " I asked Amber. She nodded and smiled in reply. Amber scooted next to Marty and started making small talk.

Tj and I made ourselves a plate with appetizers and food. There were ribs, chinese rice, orange chicken, salad, baked beans, and regular white rice.

We sat at the table enjoying our food. Then tj took my hand in his and started rubbing my hand with his thumb.

I smiled. " I'm glad I kno its you, underdog " he smiled. I chuckled as he had barbecue sauce on his lips as he spoke to me. I picked up a napkin and wiped it off and kissed his cheek.

"Me too, tj. All I hope for in the new year is happiness, love, peace, and for u to still be with me" I said.

Tjs eyes sparkled and lit up as I said those last 8 words.

Andis POV

Buffy walked all the way to my room. I followed behind to ensure she was ok.

She sat on the edge of my bed. "Buffy do u want me to tell marty to leave? " I asked.

She shook her head no.

"Why did walker leave? " I asked as I sat on the bed next to her. I was looking forward but not at her.

Buffy exhaled hard and sat up, " he told me he thinks I still have feelings for marty and that I should sort them out" she replied.

"Do you?" I asked her as I turned to look at her. She shrugged. "Idk andi." Buffy said simply.

"You never really gave marty a chance, buffy. At least talk to him and see if u feel anything and that way you can pick up where u were with walker. " I explained.

"Like you did with jonah? Things didn't work out for you two" buffy pointed out and stood up looking at the ceiling with a hand on her forehead.

"Hey. I already knew I liked jonah. You at  least owe it to yourself to find out how u feel about marty. If not its fine because its up to you, buffy" I said and walked out.

(An hour to midnight)

Cece joined the party and was laughing about something with Bex and Bowie.

Tj and Amber were the life of the party singing karaoke. Cyrus, buffy,  andi and marty were watching and laughing and singing along.

Then Bex broke out Just Dance ; amber , Andi and Buffy joined in on it dancing to a Halsey song.

Cyrus head was laid on tjs chest.

Marty was admiring Buffy from afar and so was Buffy. Neither of them said a word to the other yet.

Ambers POV

As the song finished I looked over at andi. "Hey can we finish that conversation before we ring in the new year? " I asked her.

Andi shook her head yes, mumbled a few words to bex and buffy then we headed to the backyard.

We sat in front of her Andi shack.

"Im sorry amber, buffy needed me and you never got to talk" she apologized to me as she was looking at her hands That sat on her lap.

"Its ok. Well, um, andi, i like you alot. I am im-" she interrupted me.

"I like you too you are awesome, amber" she smiled. I don't think she understood the meaning of my words.

I laughed, "andi, no, im bisexual. I really like you" at that moment I bit my lip. Andis eyes widened then I heard footsteps.

"So andi ur party is cool" tjs voice said. " she throws awesome parties" I heard cyrus voice say. I turned and looked at the both of them with dagger eyes.

Tjs pov

Amber looked as though she was going to kill me. Andi looked like she was blank. I turned to Cyrus but before I could say anything andi stood up and walked towards me. "excuse me for a moment " she said and looked at cyrus. " can I speak to tj?  Keep amber company? " she asked us.

We both nodded yes.

Andi led me to the empty kitchen.

"so amber finally told you? " I asked andi as I leaned against the fridge.

"You knew tj ? " andi asked me as she paced back and forth. "Yea were close" I reminded her.

"I don't kno what to tell her. I dont kno if I like females" andi rambled.

"How do you feel about amber?" I quizzed her. Andi stopped pacing, smiled and spoke, " shes fun, sweet, funny, adorable, she smells like cinnamon all the time, and has a gorgeous smile" andi admitted.

"Its new years eve - take advantage of it to see how u feel about her" I said plainly. Andi looked confused. "Kiss her when the clock strikes 12"and then I walked back to cyrus and amber.

Buffys pov

I was enjoying another round of just dance with bex. Then I felt the stare on my back. Marty - I know it.

I beat Bexs score and then sat down with a smile. "Good game, buffy" bex told me then went to the kitchen.

I looked at marty and my heart melted . it raced when I saw walker but I feel like me with marty. So I took andis advice.

"Ask me marty" I said straight up.

He sat up, smiled, and replied " ask u what?" He laughed.

"You know on a date" I told him.

Martys demeanor turned unreadable.

"Weren't u here with someone? Why would I do that? " he asked me with a stern expression.

"Oh right. Were just friends - walker and I. I did like him but I realized I wanted to give us a shot" I replied hoping being honest wouldn't backfire.

"One question first" marty stated simply looking at the floor then me. I nodded my head insisting he go on.

"Would you have thought this if I hadn't shown up here tonight? " marty asked looking straight into my eyes.