Chapter 16

Cyrus pov

Tj shocked me when he told them he adored me. I thought he hated me. My heart was still doing cartwheels cuz tj was so close to me. After Andrew and tj fist bumped tj walked over to me. Buffy handed tj a napkin to my surprise. Tj looked at his fist finally realizing there was blood there. He cleaned it off and asked andi and buffy, "you think I can talk to Cyrus outside? " he asked looking pained. " why should we? " buffy asked. Andi took buffys arm and shook her head. " let him" andi whispered. Buffy sighed and agreed. "Tj do you think we could talk later? " andi shocked tj. "Later. Promise. " tj spoke.

Tjs POV

"Don't u think we should be going to class" Cyrus joked. I put my arm around him and I felt at ease again. "I have empty hall passes-dont worry " I said. We walked to the benches outside and I sighed. Then sighing became a sob as much as I didn't want to when I sat the tears came pouring out. Cyrus was holding my arm and I heard him sniffling - he was in tears too. 

Cyrus spoke, " I'm really sorry I hurt you tj" he started. "I didn't let you tell me the whole truth and look what happened " he was whispering now. I pulled cyrus closer to me and he laid his head on my shoulder. "Its not your fault ; I will admit sometimes I still wish I was dead so I could be with my father but-" I paused. I took cyrus by the chin and we looked at one another. Cyrus was in tears again after what I had said. I felt the tears burning my eyes again I blinked and they fell. I took a breath and continued, " but not seeing you kills me even more, muffin". 

Cyrus POV

When tj admitted that to me it felt like the world was bright again. It had been forever since he called me muffin. He kept speaking, " I'm going to start seeing your mom , i want us to keep being us, but not yet- I need to figure out the situation with my mom first" he told me. I forgot about that part - his mom not being ok with tj being gay. "I wish your mom was more accepting " I whispered. " me too. Me too. I know its going to be messy so can I have more time? " he asked me with a smile as he put his hand down. 

"Of course. " I told tj. With that my heart sped up- who knows what this could mean for us? Tj Kippen adores me I thought. He laughed, "what are you thinking?" Tj asked me with a bright smile. " you telling the whole cafeteria that you adore me" I said gleefully. "That cyrus is the truth" tj replied to me. Tj shocked me as he moved closer and closer. He kissed my forehead and I couldn't keep my composure. "Oh my tj" I said. He laughed, took my hand in his, and came closer to me. "Want to know a secret? " he winked at me. I shook my head yes not being able to form words. " that wasn't the 1st time I kissed you there" he kissed my cheek and I felt myself turn bright red. " wait what? " I asked. Tj didnt say anything he just guided me to the doors & walked me to class. I was so happy to see tj being himself again.