Chapter 39

Andis POV

Amber, bowie, and I sat patiently in the waiting room.
Cyrus walked out and sat next to me.
I couldn't fathom the pain going through Cyrus and tj.

I looked at cyrus and his black eye and scratches. He had pain written all over his face and I spread my arms and cyrus began to cry.

To my other side I heard sniffling. Cyrus and I looked up and saw Amber sniffling and wiping away a few tears.
She leaned into me to join In the hug.

The sliding doors open and in rushed Bex, Buffy, and Marty.

"Cyrus!" Buffy yelled and ran to him and embraced him. "I can't believe Someone would do this just because you are with tj" she exclaimed.

Marty was still holding Buffys hand and she squeezed his hand. She let it go to fully hug cyrus.

I looked up and tjs mom walked out  with tears still painting her face with laycee following behind her.

Laycees pov

I felt sad and a newfound peace since my mom finally realized how much we need her.

"Laycee hon, do me a favor and point out tjs boyfriend will you? " my mom asked and she smiled.

"The one in the red with the black eye" I told her and she pulled me in and we walked towards him at an easy slow pace.

I looked at cyrus and smiled at him as we came closer.

"Cyrus, right? " my mom asked him with a smile. Cyrus shook his head yes and had a confused look on his face.

As I watched my mom and a hesitant Cyrus walk out I turned to buffy and Andi.

"I almost forgot, tj asked to see you 2 next, buffy and andi" they looked at each other and walked in slowly as buffy draped her arm around andi for comfort.

Cyrus pov

I shook my head and looked at laycee and she smiled and it put me at ease. I let go of Buffys embrace and tjs mom put her hand out and I took it. We walked outside in the chilly morning air and sat on one of the metal benches outside the hospital.

Mrs. Kippen smiled and looked at me and she opened her mouth and then closed it. She began to cry and then tried again. I waited patiently as she put her thoughts together.

"Thankyou for loving my son unconditionally " she told me. I was speechless and was not expecting her to tell me this.

"I'm glad he has you by his side who makes him happy" she continued.

"I do. I love tj so much, your son means everything to me, Mrs. Kippen. " I confessed to her.

" I'm happy to hear that. I know this probably doesn't mean much now but you have my blessings, cyrus" she stated.

Why the sudden change of heart?  Probably the fact her son almost died but I guess drastic measures are needed for some people to see what they have when its gone.

I smiled anyways, "I'm happy tj has you on his side - he needs it right now " and I leaned in and hugged her.

We sat there a bit in silence and then she opened back up.

"Wait, Cyrus what is your last name? " she asked with a hint of curiosity.

"Goodman " I replied never looking up from the ground.

"Goodman? Where have I heard that name before? " she processed her thoughts aloud.  I chuckled and she looked at me, and I looked at her. Tj resembled his mom alot.

Both having the blonde hair and the blue eyes.

I replied, "my mom is the woman who tried to give you her card the day of tjs attempt. I asked her too cuz I was worried about tj. Dr Goodman, resident psychiatrist of Shadyside" I said the last part animatedly like my mother.

"Oh, you surely do have a kind heart to do that for my boy" Mrs. kippen replied with her hand over her heart.

"I try - even for you, Mrs. kippen. I just like knowing people are happy and receiving help they need if they need it" I said with a soft smile.

The wind picked up and we both shivered. We got up at the same time, hugged, and made our way back inside.

Then I heard tires screeching and I didn't turn around. Until I heard, "cyrus! Cyrus" and I turned around and my mom embraced me hard.

My dad, stepdad, and step mom followed behind her and they all took turns holding me.

Mrs. Kippen looked at my mom and said, "I don't know if you remember me, I'm tjs mom. I wanted to apologize for how I acted the last time we spoke. Thankyou for seeing my son all this time" she said with tears.

"Right! Mrs. Kippen. Oh! I heard about our boys and came in a rush" she opened her arms to initiate a hug.

"Come! How's tj? " she asked as they all walked in together. I looked at my family and tjs mom and a weird thought crossed my mind : the kippen - goodman clan are happy. That's great for you and tjs future!

"Future?" I thought to myself.  "How far are we talking brain? " I chuckled to myself with happiness.

I winced as I realized the pain was throbbing. I walked back in, too, to get more ice for my eye.