Chapter 31

(New Years Eve)

Cyrus POV

"Today is New Years! What are we doing today?" I asked the good hair crew as we sat at the spoon.

I was waiting for tj to make it. As that thought rang in my head my phone buzzed.

Tj: I'm not gonna make it to the spoon hun. Lemme know what you wanna do this evening for new years and I'm there! Ok?

I was a tad upset tj couldn't make it but I wasn't going to pry.

Me: I definitely will! See you later, sweetie.

I looked up and Buffy and Andi were staring at me having paused their conversation. "Is everything ok? " buffy asked me first.

"Yea alls good but tj won't make it here" I responded as I picked up a baby tator.

I looked at it, took a sip of my shake, and ate my tator.

Andi grabbed my wrist snapping me out of my head.  "Is he ok?" Andi asked looking at me with a worried face.

"Yea he is at least he has been lately. Especially since hes been living with his grandparents " I reassured them.

Was I reassuring them or myself?

Andi got a text and smiled. "Oh we got plans! My family is throwing a party for New years eve! Bowie told me to tell you to be sure to bring TJ" she looked happy. Buffy and Andi were already chatting about outfits to wear.

I opened my phone and texted tj to let him know to come to andis place to celebrate.

Tjs POV

As i sat next to my sister on the couch just drifting slowly into sadness I got a text.

Cyrus: Hey andis parents invited us for a nye party! Can u be there around 730? We can meet there 🤗🤗

As the day unfolded its been a downer. I've been fighting for my peace as my mother came shoving papers in my grandparents face saying that laycee and I are legally supposed to be under her roof.

I have not a said a word nor have I looked at anyone since this woman has walked in an hour ago.

My grams Elsie spoke up softly, "please we love having them here ; think of your kids. Have you even asked what they want?" She asked my mom.

"Like they know what the hell they want!" she screamed and slammed her fists on the table. My mom threw the papers at my grandma and turned around.

My mom walked to my sister and I. 

I sat up putting my arm out in front of laycee.

Laycees face was white and she was quieter than usual.

"Get the hell up and go pack your shit. " she yelled at me and laycee.

I got on my feet and I looked down at my mom, " Laycee and I left on our own and if we don't wanna go we shouldn't have to".

"You don't have a choice tj" my mom snarled at me. She was trying not to hit me - holding back since my grandma was here.

"You know what? If we do - this isn't fair. We move back in in two days. You dont get to ruin our New years celebration" I compromised with this woman.

My mom smiled and gave me a look that said "finally were getting somewhere".  "Ok your right. Two more days you get here" she patted my cheek.

Cyrus POV

As we headed out of the spoon tj finally responded to my message.

Tj: see you there hon :)

I smiled so wide and thought back to Christmas when tj and I professed our love to each other.

My thoughts were back there in the warmth, the happiness, our kiss.

"Sooooo cyrus you never told us all about seeing tj on christmas" buffy said standing next to Andi.

"Oh right! we wanna hear all about it! "Andi said. As she said that Jonah walked past us with Libby.

Libby and Andi signed hello but jonah didn't look at Andi. Things were strange since Jonah found out Andi and Libby were talking about Jonah.

Long story short : Andi was honest ; she signed Libby a big speech why jonah is great, libby broke up with jonah for a bit but decided to give jonah a second chance.

So, things are not great for Jonah and Andi.

Andis mood shifted to glum and Buffy patted her shoulder. "Give it time andi" I encouraged her.

"Its ok" she smiled, "tell us about u and tj". 

"You sure? " i asked.  She nodded her head yes and so I decided to begin talking about his grandparents.

Then showed them the matching bracelet he got us. They squealed and were in awe. "How sweet. I can't believe tj is making you so happy" buffy said still staring at the bracelet.

"There's more. What else happened? " andi prodded. I made the zipping my lips, locking them, throwing away the key motion.

I chuckled. "Tell us!" " Tell us! " they pleaded.

"Ok, but no judging me or lecturing please" I laughed.

Andi and Buffy looked at each other and said out loud,  "ooooh this is good".

They stopped and I couldn't stop smiling and next thing I know I'm rambling.

"We said I love you to each other, kissed, watched the snow fall and then fell asleep in each others arms! " I started.

" it was so perfect and then the next morning he brought me breakfast just In time to watch the sunrise and oh my gosh tj is the most perfectly imperfect human I've ever met for me!" I was rambling as I stared at the sky thinking about tj.

"I'm in love with tj kippen!" I exclaimed out loud.