Chapter 15

Tjs POV

Tomorrow I return to school. I sigh knowing real well its going to be a different chapter for myself. I had alot I needed to get off my chest to everyone close to me. My sister, my mom, amber, andi, and especially for cyrus. I finally opened up all the messages he had been sending. As i read them I broke down. The concern, worry, and fear he felt for me. It was agonizing to realize I put cyrus in so much pain. It actually burned the anger within me.

I put cyrus in pain and somehow I was going to try to fix it. I really didn't know how but I will. As I closed my computer without responding laycee knocked on my door. "Come in lace" I said. She walked in with sugar cookies and sat on my bed. I took one happily from the plate setting my anger aside for the moment. I sat back in the chair and really looked at my sister. Through all the commotion she stayed strong for me.

At 13 - heck that is tough as nails. " I'm sorry laycee" I said finally. She looked at me confused "why do u keep saying that? " she asked me looking at me contently. "The hurt I must've caused you" I replied. Laycee got up and hugged me. "Your my big brother, I love you, and trust me - you and I are ok. As long as you promise to see the Dr and never try killing yourself again" she winced at the words. I hugged her tighter, " I promise that and to Be there for for you more like you do for me".

---------------------------------
(Next day)

Cyrus POV

As I walked into school I was nervous for many reasons. I was anxious mostly to bump into tj and we have Science together. I took a deep breath and calmed my nerves. i took my place by jonah, buffy and andi and started drinking my orange juice. While my nerves calmed after a few 5 mins andi tapped my arm.

I looked up and there he was, tj. It definitely was him but he wasn't surrounded by his usual basketball friends - he sat alone with his headphones in with his back leaning against the wall. Buffy noticed it too, " ive seen tj annoying, rude, but never stoic before" she piped up. On that note tjs three friends walked up to him and sat with him - laughing, talking, and trying to get his attention.

Tjs POV

As Boulevard of Broken Dreams blasted by Green day my buddies , Michael, Andrew, and Ronnie from basketball sat around me."tj u not eating?" Michael asked me handing me his muffin he didn't want. "Yo you psyched for tomorrows party at Ricks place? " he asked me. I forgot about that after everything that happened. "Nah I'm not going" I replied in a monotone manner and got up walking away taking the muffin with me.

I passed the trash but I knew that feeling. I had eyes on me - chocolate chocolate chip muffin was Cyrus favorite. As much as I didn't want to face him I knew I couldn't throw this out. I turned and my prediction was right, cyrus was looking at me. Not even just cyrus - so did andi and buffy. I tossed the muffin from one hand to the other. I walked to cyrus without making eye contact and placed it on his plate. I plugged my headphones back so I could tune out anything cyrus could say to me.

Cyrus POV

I'll be honest I had a glimmer of hope when tj placed the muffin on my plate. Before I could thank him he began listening to his music again. Then The scene that unfolded next was truly a rude awakening to a side to tj I never thought was in him. "That was weird" buffy said. Andi looked at me and gave me a sad smile, "at least he still gave you the muffin". I looked up when I heard Michael, "tj yo what's up man? You go into a suicidal phase - ". Tj interrupted him " back off mike" he replied with a soft voice. "Nah I ain't doing anything " he laughed before he said the next part, "your weak, Kippen " and with that michael and Ronnie laughed harder.

Andrew was gone already and ronnie walked off but Michael and Tj were staring at each other and with that tj began punching him. Tj took ahold of his book bag straps pulled him to the floor and kept hitting him. Michael was yelling in pain and tj was driven with fury. He got up kicked Michael in the stomach a few times and tj laughed. He looked at Michael who was now spitting blood from his mouth and said real loud to the rest of the cafeteria, "Anyone else want to call me weak?! " as he did that Ronnie came back into the cafeteria and pushed tj from behind, "what's the matter with you crazy kippen? " he asked. I saw it in his eyes- they widened at the word "crazy " and he tapped Ronnie on his shoulder, he turned around, and he began beating him up too. I looked at andi and buffy who were both speechless like I was from watching this. I don't know what drove me to get up but I did. I walked fast to tj and pulled his arm. Tj turned around and had his defense ready to hit me but he finally saw me and looked at me.

Tjs POV

I was in a frenzy and no thoughts passed my mind but fiery anger. When I felt a hand on my arm I expected to see Andrew but there he was, Cyrus. Seeing his face triggered a jolt of saddening pain through my veins but before I could do anything I was pushed from behind and was taking cyrus down with me. Without thinking I placed my hand behind his head to protect him from any pain. We landed with a thud and in this moment our faces were inches from each other. I denied my heart from quickening and swallowed the sobs in my throat. "Tj will you look at me?" Cyrus whispered in my ear.

Before I could reply I heard Ronnie and Michael spewing foul language at me. It didn't bother me, but as soon as they asked"enjoying the view of your *** lover?" I had it. I looked at cyrus who was about to tear up and I broke. I stood up and helped cyrus up and I laughed. Cyrus looked at me confused and so did Ronnie and michael. They turned around and I did it "oh so you do know bout how much I adore cyrus?". I looked at him and forced myself to feel everything. Michael and Ronnie were laughing now too.

Then i walked up to them and i punched them both once more. "First of all don't ever talk to me again unless its about basketball. Secondly don't bother to pretend to give a damn anymore. I didn't see u in my hospital room when I woke up. Third don't ever call cyrus that word ever again or you'll be tasting your own blood again" I said to them quietly. Andrew walked back in and asked what was going on. "Well talk later "I told him knowing Andrew would let me explain and turned to walk away.