Chapter 21

Cyrus Pov

Today is the day! Tj texted me saying that he would be by to pick me up at 6. It is currently 520 and I finally decided on blue jeans, a striped white and black collared shirt, and a white jacket. Its cold outside since its the second week of December. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth put on cologne, and My white converse. Then i looked up at the clock and it now said 535. I calmed My nerves long enough by picking up Animal Farm and began reading where i last left off. I was deep in the page of the book and I heard the doorbell ring and I heard my mom say distantly, "well you look good tj".

My mom called for me and trust me when I say this I was not prepared for how well tj looked. He wore a red plaid button down shirt, khaki jeans, black docker boots, and a black leather jacket over his shirt. He turned to me and smiled, "cyrus! You look really good" he complimented me. "Thanks" I barely whispered. I could not speak for tj looked like he walked off of a mens modeling catwalk. "Don't worry tj hes complimenting you in his head" my mom giggled. My dad walked in and shook tjs hand, "be back no later than 10. Got it? " he asked him. "Understood "tj replied. He took my hand and led me out the door into the chilly evening air. 

Tjs pov

I kept wondering what cyrus would think about what I had planned. I walked us to the park hand in hand in silence and let the evening unfold itself. Cyrus stopped in his tracks and gazed ahead. I had planned a picnic by the lake . "Too much? "I asked worried if this was too much for a first date. "An evening picnic by the lake under the stars?. No its sweet" he encouraged me. I looked at him and he smiled at me. "I love it" cyrus smiled. I sat him down on the blanket that was already laid out and I sat across from him. I opened the basket smiling, "first things first" and took out a rose and handed it to cyrus. He blushed and looked away, "speechless muffin? " I asked him. " a tad. I never imagined this - its more than I could ever want" cyrus sighed. With that I took out the food. "Fruits for appetizers, hot cocoa to drink, turkey and swiss sandwiches on wheat and afterwards if you still have an appetite " I smiled at cyrus wide eyes. "Dessert?" He asked as I chuckled. "I'll tell you when your done eating" I closed the basket.

We ate in silence staring at the night sky but I couldn't help but sneak glances at cyrus. he laid back and the moons light illuminated his features. "You are a wonder cyrus goodman" I said and my breathing picked up. Cyrus looked at me and he sat back up slowly. I leaned in and cyrus moved closer as well. My heart was racing at the speed of light and then fireworks went off breaking our train of thoughts. As Cyrus continue to smile and watch the fireworks I kept watching him in awe. I took out dessert : mini chocolate chocolate chip muffins. I still couldnt take my eyes off of cyrus. "why aren't you watching? " cyrus asked smiling. I took his hand in mine and replied, "I don't need to - YOU are fireworks in my life" and cyrus turned to look at me. 

Cyrus pov

Tj kept surprising me and I looked at him. We just stared into each others eyes for what it seemed was a lifetime. I dared to lean forward towards him again and I don't know what happened next. "Muffin? " tj asked me. I didn't want to push him so I gladly accepted. I had a muffin and the fireworks slowed after a few minutes. Tj stood and walked behind me and sat behind me. He pulled me into him, wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him. I didn't think that a person could ever feel like home but THAT is exactly what tj felt like to me.

We sat there in sweet silence and I was comfy with tj. We had more muffins and hot cocoa and then tj kissed the top of my head. "Tell me again" tj whispered to me. "Tell you what again? " I asked. "Tell me what it is you like about me" tj surprised me by his request. I looked up at him and smiled. "You tj kippen are sweet, smart, strong, funny, competent, caring, compassionate and tj" I said. "Yea?" He asked me. "You are still you even with depression You're a fighter - especially since the battle is with your own mind. I admire you tj kippen" I assured him. We embraced long and then tj kissed my cheek once then twice and then three times. I was bashful then I kissed his inner wrist. 

Tj walked me home before my drop off time it was now 9:45. "Here you are - home, muffin " tj said. I laughed and tj gave me a look. "What? " he asked. "Nothing. You just said I'm home and that made me laugh" I replied not giving away more. Tj put the basket and blanket down and poked me "tell me what your thinking" he laughed. Tj pulled me close to him by my back and I swallowed, "you want to know? " I asked. "Yes" he said plainly resting his forehead on mine. "Its funny because I'm not at home here anymore" I stopped and had trouble finishing my sentence. "Its too soon" I thought. "so where is home for you? " he asked with a smile. I wrapped my arms around his neck, looked at his lips, then back into his eyes. "Here with you"I whispered and he leaned in closer but then we were interrupted by my dad opening the door, "10 already? Awesome your on time" he exclaimed. "Have a good evening mr goodman" tj said picking up the basket and blanket. Tj looked at me, kissed my forehead, and whispered, "cyrus" and walked off the porch.