Chapter 33

Tjs Pov

My heart was racing, I was shaking,  and my breathing was labored. I've been like this all day.

My grams Elsie explained it might be anxiety caused by my mothers visit this morning.

After she left my grandpa rex got home from the store and took my grams aside. They've been in their room talking all day.

I couldn't be here longer - I needed to breathe. As I walked out of the house I dialed an old friend.

(30 mins later)

"Thanks for letting me pass by on short notice" I said as she opened the door.

"Its cool. I don't have work today" Amber said as she hugged me. "So? What's up? You sounded urgent. Are u ok? " amber asked me as we sat on the living room couch.

Her house had a serene beach vibe since her parents were surfers who grew up in miami then moved here for a more financially stable life. But amber was always lonely since her dad lost his job as a swimming instructor at the local YMCA and her mom worked as a vet tech at the water park caring for marine life.

Its not like they abandoned her she just wished she had more time to spend with them than worrying about money and living. Amber always hoped for a sibling or at least a pet.

"Well I'll be your neighbor again in two days" I said flatly.

"Wait what?"amber shouted. "Yea my mom came waving papers around to my grandparents and we have to go" I explain to amber. "I'm so sorry. I was wondering why I was always seeing a well dressed woman come and go at your moms" amber laughed.

"Why's that funny? " I started laughing now too since her laugh was contagious. She breathed in trying to find the words through her laughter.
"I thought she switched teams" she got out as she hit her leg and covered her mouth.

My mouth dropped then I laughed so hard. "My stubborn hard headed mom? Switching to women? " I kept laughing. We were both crying laughing at this point. After a moment I breathed and realized nothing may have been fixed but I did feel better.

Amber calmed down then her phone buzzed. As she typed her message she looked like Cupids arrow hit her - her eyes were twinkling and her smile grew.

"Oooh who ya texting? " I asked bugging her. She put her phone down and I saw it on her hand. One name written on her hand with hearts around the name. "Andi - she invited me to her NYE party" she yelled with ensuthiastasm.

"Looks like I'll see you there" I said. " I hope I get a happy ending like u did with cyrus" amber sighed and her eyes were dreamy. "Andi and I are technically friends - want me to be your wingman? " I asked. Amber was flustered - I'd never seen her like this before.

"Wait we are talking about Andi right? All the hints I put together - I just didn't know you were lesbian " I said to her. "Nah, i still like men its just I like women too. Particularly, andi mack" amber blushed.

"Oohh that's cool - you're bi" I said aloud for her. "Yes, bisexual" amber stated with a smile. " I hope I'm not overstepping - were supposed to be talking about you" amber exclaimed with a worried look. "No, no youre not. Even if I do move back in with my monster mom I have laycee and you. I'm going to be ok" I assured her.

We hugged and then it hit me for real - my best friend amber likes andi.

Andis POV

Amber replied so fast about the invite. Ive been enjoying her company but its been causing a real awkwardness between buffy and I.

Buffy and I just finished choosing our outfits and were doing our makeup. When buffy finished applying her lipstick she looked at me through the mirror.

"Andi I invited walker as my plus one, i hope that's not a problem considering I really-" I cut her off. "Its fine, buffy. Whatever makes you happy" I stated with real intentions.

Why you may ask? Amber has really been gaining all my attention lately and walker and buffy? They havnt been a bother since I have amber. " jonah and Libby coming?" Buffy asked as we got up.

" no I didn't bother to invite them. I want this party to be fun; not awkward" I stated. "That is a good thing to hear; you don't need an ex crush around to make things weird" buffy laughed.

"Agreed!" I laughed with her.

"Buffy! Andi! can you come down here to  help me set up?! "Bexs called to us.

"Coming! "I yelled in reply. We linked our arms together and headed into the kitchen. I was real happy that slowly buffy and I were coming back around.