Dutch Van Der Linde x Reader - Good Ol' Days

⚠️ WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS!! ⚠️

~Plot-Line:
This oneshot is a FLASHBACK to when things were good in the gang, years ago in the game.
Once the flashback is over, the oneshot will take place the mission where the Arthur confronts Micah about how he was 'close' with Agent Milton. Before Blackwater, I'm not entirely sure where the gang had camp, so I'm just making this up!

~Relationship Status:
Dutch and the reader were once past lovers, until Dutch became influenced by Micah.

~Word Count:
2667

Enjoy!

Y/N - Your Name
L/N - Your Last Name
H/C/C - Horse Coat Color

——
Laying on my cot, I start to remember the Good Ol' Days.

Sometimes, I wonder if none of this would have happened if Dutch didn't tell us to rob that boat in Blackwater, maybe things wouldn't have been so bad, and so many people wouldn't have been killed in the gang.

I think back to how Sean died, back in Rhodes. His brains were exploded, damn you shotguns. That man was definitely quite the character, funny man.

I think think to how Hosea and Lenny were both shot down. Hosea, shot right  in front of the Saint Denis bank, and right in front of everyone. Lenny, in front of me and Arthur, getting off the banker rooftop. I'll never forget either one of them. The look on Dutch's face was horrifying after he started to process all of this.

I think these passings of our gang members, it really took toll on Dutch. Ever since Blackwater, He's been a changed man. Something on that boat in Blackwater changed him, or what Arthur would say, 'Really showed who he truly was, showing his true colors.'.

After my thoughts continue after a short while, I began to dream off, escaping from the world I was currently in. I began to dream of the world that was years ago, before what happened in Blackwater, on that boat.

"Y/N! Hurry up! Stop trying to make yourself look fancy! You look fine just being you! We're waiting on you for supper!"

I looked at myself in a mirror, as the sun slowly went down. Someone has shouted at me as people were starting to sit around the campfire, eating their meals.

Putting my mirror away, I stand up and walk over to the gang.

"Nice of you to join us, Y/N."
Dutch chuckles, shaking his head.

I take a plate from Pearson's cooking wagon, and help myself to a bit of stew. Then I sit by the campfire, joining everyone else.

Everyone is singing a song, and Jack is dancing around the campfire.

I seem to stare into the campfire, and wonder. Why couldn't this be us now?

My dream seems to shift visions and shows me of petting The Count. (Dutch's Horse)

I hear footsteps in my dream, and I look up. Dutch is looking at me, his eyebrow raised.

"The Count is usually very picky on who comes near him, or more specifically- touches him."

Smiling, I respond "I must be lucky, I've seen him throw Arthur right off." I finish my sentence, then starting to laugh.

Dutch seems to look at me, then at The Count for a few more seconds.