Part 5

Unedited.

Emma Sampson POV

To say I wasn't scared when he threw the vase on the wall would be a lie, I've never seen Adam this angry. He was always the calm and composed businessman the world knew, so to see this side of him was unnerving.

His sister told me once that he was a total different person when he's angry, but I've never believed it because I never experienced it firsthand. Not until now at least.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I woke up the next day to people shouting and yelling, I groaned when I failed to ignore the noise and fall back to sleep. I lift myself from the comfort of the silk blankets begrudgingly.

I decided to freshen up before I had to face my sleep-disturbers.

When I finished I threw some sweatpants and a black crop-top on before heading downstairs, only to stand frozen in my place. Adam was pinning a redhead to the wall by her throat, her face's colour is sick pale due to the lack of air. "What part of never show your pathetic ass in my house you didn't understand?" He hissed in her ear.

"She doesn't deserve you! Y- you w- were supposed to be m- min- e." She tried to scream the words out but came as a chocked whisper.

Adam tightened his hold on her some more. "Careful there, darling. That's my wife you're talking about, we wouldn't want for you to lose that pretty head of yours, now would we?" He threatened in a calm whisper.

I decided to cut in before something terrible happens. "I'm pretty sure she understands that, Adam."

Their heads snapped into my direction, Adam's eyes filled with love and adoration while the redhead's were filled with disgust, hatred, and malice.

I payed her no attention, and focused on Adam instead. Urging him with my eyes to leave the woman's neck before he actually snapped it. Moments later she was on the floor, gasping and coughing trying to take in as much air as possible.

Then she looked up at me after minutes. "Do you think you won just because he listens to you?" She seethed. "If so, you're terribly mistaken. I'll never back down, I'LL NEVER BE REPLACED BY SOME STUPID SLUT LIKE YOURSELF!" She yelled the last part.

I rolled my eyes at her. Adam seemed to be having troubles controlling his temper, and she just stupidly stepped on the last straw. Hadn't she heard of what he did to those who disrespected me in front of him in the past? Didn't she read news papers, it was all over them!

Stupid bitch.

Adam slapped her hard almost snapping her neck, I was hungry and not in the mood to see or hear anything else. "Let Jeff handle her, and let's eat, Adam. I'm hungry!" I said when I saw he was about to do more damage.

"Consider yourself lucky, if not for her you'd be regretting the mere act of glancing her way." He said glaring at her. "JEFF!" He boomed, Jeff was in front of him in a blink. "Get rid of this trash, and make sure it's the last time I see her." He ordered.

Jeff was Adam's chauffeur and bodyguard at the same time. He's not only his most trusted employee, but also his friend. He was a man of a few words, yet we clicked almost instantly.

Jeff snatched her up from her arm, and took her away from our sight, wailing and promising to come back, that this wasn't the end. I paid her screams no attention at all. Adam and I made our way to the dining room to find the maids already serving breakfast.

We started eating in silence, after few minutes Adam decided to break it. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." He said smiling apologetically.

"It's not a big deal." I assured with a smile.

He nodded and we resumed eating. "She seemed quite upset about us being together, who was she?" I asked.

"Some old fling who thought was more than just a bed warmer." He shrugged nonchalantly.

I didn't comment on that, what was I supposed to say? You should have being with her? No matter how much I told myself I didn't deserve Adam, I just couldn't bring myself to give him up. He was the only person who stuck to my side no matter what, he was always there. Patiently waiting, hoping that I would reciprocate whatever feelings he had for me.

Even when I didn't give off anything indicating there's a chance I give us a try, he still stood by my side and never gave up. He was my solace, my protector. His embrace is my safe haven, everything I'll ever need or want.

"You're not upset, are you?" He asked after awhile.

I looked up at him, "No, why would I be?" I asked confused.

"I thought you hated hearing about my flings?" His statement turned into an unsure question.

"What kind of a sane woman would like to hear about her boyfriend's flings, let alone her fiancé's." I said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know she would be bold enough to come to our home after I made it clear that I never wanted to see her again."

"You don't need to apologise, it wasn't your fault. Besides, I have a hunch you're not like the others, you won't betray me." I said.

"What?" I asked after I realised he was staring at me for quite some time.

"You don't know how happy you just made me." He said grinning.

"What?" I questioned dumbly.

"You just called me your fiancé and kind of admitted you trust me." He stated happily.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I turned away, blushing slightly.

He chuckled at my actions, and pulled my chair impossibly close to his before he lifted me up from it and onto his lap. He nuzzled my neck still laughing. "I so wish you're not having fun on my expense, for your sake." I warned playfully.

He just laughed harder. "Of course not, my feisty nymph." He said before kissing my neck, and we resumed our meal.

"Adam, about your temper-" I felt him tense almost immediately under my touch, after I uttered those words.

A/N

Hey, lovelies! Thank you so much for loving and supporting me and my writing, it really means the world to me to have fans like you guys. 😘😘

Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment.

Until next time, happy reading, everyone.

Mi-M-Ab.