Book II - Part 29

Unedited.

Unknown POV

I was coming from the parking lot to the company building when my phone rung in my pocket, I reached my hand inside my jacket breast pocket and fished it out.

"Hello?" My tone mirrored my confusion with the call when I saw the caller ID on the screen before I accepted it.

"You heard?" She said.

"Heard what?" I asked, not understanding what she meant.

"The Monarchs just announced themselves to the whole underworld."

"Impossible! Why would people whom one of their main rules to the underworld was to never try to find out who they were, people who preferred staying in the darkness, suddenly decide to go public?" I questioned.

"Apparently they grew tired of it." I can she her shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly.

"Are you sure they're not imposters?" I asked.

"They are not, they're one of the families we suspected years ago."

"But you said you got rid of all of them." I reminded.

"It happened to be the only offspring we left of all of those families we murdered." She said.

"Don't tell me it's her?" I asked.

"Yes, A.L was the next in line for the throne of the Monarchs. She's the Monarchs and now everybody knows." She said frustrated.

"Of all people, why A.L! If it's anybody else we could easily discredit them, but she's fucking A.L she doesn't need the title of the Monarchs to be fearful. She's gained the reputation herself long ago!" I was both angry and frustrated. The one person I was trying my whole life to beat just got wings, as if she needs them!

"The problem is if she finds out who we are and what we did to her mother, treason will be the least of our concerns." She said.

"But she doesn't remember anything, remember?" I said.

"You're such a fool! How do you think she ascended the throne of the Monarchs if she doesn't remember anything!" She snapped at me.

"But why did she suddenly decide to reveal the Monarchs identity?" I asked, ignoring her condescending tone.

I went out out the elevator when I reached my floor and headed to my office.

"That's what we need to find out, but we have to do it with utmost secrecy so that our identities are not revealed." She said.

"I don't care what she knows or what she's planning, I'll show her why she should've stayed hidden in the darkness. She's no match to me and I'll prove it to her." I said as I opened my office's door.

"Can you live up to that promise?" A voice from the far corner of my office came, a voice so familiar that my hand shook slightly with fear of the coldly dark tone.

"What are you doing, brother? Come have a seat." She said, her earlier tone changed into her usual one.

I hung up the phone and managed to smile a bit despite my shocked and scared state. She sure as hell surprised me with her presence here. "Ems, what are you doing here?" I asked.

She sneered. "Oh, you want to continue the act?" She said. "Fine by me, why don't you take a seat first." She ushered with her hand to the couch apposite from her.

My blood boiled. How dare she come to my company and order me! "This is my company if I must remind you, if anyone should be ushered here is you." I dropped the act.