Book II - Part 9

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Giuseppe took his jacket off and handed it to Sam who was standing next to him after he freed Jeffrey. "Tell me Jeffrey, does the name Emma rings a bell?" Giuseppe asked the man while he was undoing his cuff links and rolling his shirt sleeves up his elbows.

When the man didn't answer, he turned to face him and looked at him intently. "No? What about the last name Knights? Or maybe A.L will serve better in refreshing your memories." Giuseppe said, he knew the man recognised the Knights name by the way his eyes widened and his mouth fell open.

"H- how?" Jeffrey asked, confused.

"What? You thought you killed her that day at the mall?" Giuseppe chuckled humourlessly. "You know I still remember the words of the doctor that as clearly as if somebody is whispering them in my ears. I'm sorry, kiddo, your mother will have to stay a little while longer with us." Giuseppe repeated the doc's words.

Jeffrey shook his head hysterically, it was as if he was trying to get words to come out of his mouth but in vain. The sudden wave of fear that washed over him tied his tongue, he couldn't utter a word to save his life, literally.

"And thanks to you Jeffrey that 'little while' extended into a whole year and four months before she could do so much as moving an eyelid open. Because of the blunt force trauma you caused her." The look in Giuseppe's eyes was so frightening that it sent shivers down the three men's spines. It was a look of pure darkness, one that they've never seen before, not even on their bosses when they're angry.

"P- please, sir, I was just doing a- as ordered." Jeffrey begged for his life.

"Why are you so scared, Jeffrey? Sweat is covering your forehead!" Giuseppe remarked as he dragged a chair and sat on it right in front of a kneeling Jeffrey. He touched a drop of sweat above his left eyebrow. "Rest assured, I'm not killing you." Giuseppe told him, causing the poor man to heave a sight of relieve only to scrunch his eyebrows in confusion moments later, then Giuseppe spoke again. "Yet." Tremors of horror shot through Jeffrey's whole being.

"W- what do you mean?" He asked.

"I'll make sure you suffer twice what my mother went through before I think of finishing you off." Giuseppe said in his eerie calm tone. "You didn't know she'd been sick for quite sometime before you attacked her and put an end to it, you didn't know that she had it in her brain, and you didn't know how severe it was tormenting her for years." He continued. "Now, you didn't know any of the above mentioned fact, but you did hit her on the head with the intention of killing her and shot a bullet through her abdomen right short after so that she bleeds to death. For that I'll make you feel whatever vulnerability she felt whenever one of her episodes hit her, I'll make you feel the loneliness of being terminally ill without anybody to share that burden with." He concluded.

"P- please-"

"Here, drink this." Giuseppe said, handing him a glass of water.

Jeffrey took the cup eagerly, his throat dry from all the begging and crying he did for the past hour or so.

"Do you know what is this?" Giuseppe told him after he finished drinking the whole cup. He was holding what seemed to be a small container made of glass. Like one of those used for iron drips and stuff of sort but smaller, half the size of it or smaller.

Jeffrey shook his head no.

"This is ethionine, they say it causes acute liver cancer if one is exposed to for long periods of times. The water you just drunk contains a considerable amount of it in it." Giuseppe explained.

Jeffrey started screaming out loud while sticking all of his fingers inside his mouth, trying to get himself to vomit the water he just consumed.

"You don't have to try so hard, amico, I'm planning to keep giving you regular doses of it until you've reached a stage where you can't be helped. You'll continue living your life as you usually do and according to your routine, the only thing that will change is that you and your family will be watched 24/7. Make sure you don't breathe to a soul about this little arrangement of our, and make sure you drink whatever your new assigned bodyguard regularly or your son will be next." Giuseppe told the frightened man in front of him.

"P- please, s- spare m- me, I- I b- beg you." Jeffrey begged frantically, his voice conveying just how scared and lost he is.

"I like you begging, but I like you suffering more. This my dear friend, is something nobody can save you from because it's your own doing. This prison you were just put in is nobody but your own doing. Don't worry though, a year from now, and once I'm sure I've got the results I'm looking for, I'll be freeing you. The same way you did my mom." Giuseppe promised as he stood up.

He took his cuff links from Sam and put them back up after rolling his sleeves down before he put his jacket on and headed towards the door of the room leaving behind a screaming Jeffrey. "Enjoy your punishment, amico." Giuseppe told Jeffrey just as he reached the door.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"What are we going to do with the others, young master?" Sam asked as he followed Giuseppe out.

"Treat them the way you deem fit, just make sure it's slow and painful, as for the other two put them in punching bag. The guys needs to grow some of the lost muscles back." He instructed.

"Yes, sir." Sam obliged.

"Just what the hell you think you're doing, boy!" Boomed a new voice from next to Giuseppe's motorcycle.

Giuseppe sighed in annoyance. "I thought you said this place was untraceable!" He glared at Sam before turning his attention to the intruder. "How did you find this place?" Giuseppe asked the man few feels away from him.

"I have my ways, but why don't you tell me what are you doing here disobeying your mother's direct orders?" The man asked.

"Seriously, Onkel! You do know you're talking about orders from five years ago, right?" Giuseppe said.

"Doesn't matter when the order was issued, what matters is that it was!' Exclaimed the man. "And what are the Crawlers even doing here, aren't they're supposed to stay dormant until you're ready to take over." The man added, glaring at Sam who was still dumbfounded himself at how the man found them.

"They are dormant, Onkel, just not completely." Giuseppe answered, smirking.

A/N

Hey, guys! So what do think of Giuseppe way of dealing with things?

Hope you enjoy the update.

Until next time.

Mi-M-Ab.