Chapter 2

Jack's POV (Omg! A different POV! Wowie lmaoo)

As I fell asleep, I pulled (Y/n) over to me, cuddling her. After I closed my eyes, I felt like I was falling.

I kept falling and falling, the blackness around me seeming not to have an end. Once I actually did land, I ended up in a chair. I blinked, the blackness around me turning into the bright blue sky, a wide open field, flowers sprouting here and there, (Y/n) in my line of sight.

"Jaaaackabooooyyyy, come here! I want some cuddles!" I looked at her outfit, seeing a long, white flowing dress. There was a constant light breeze, making her dress fly around behind her.

I stood up from my chair then looked back, seeing it had vanished. I turned back around, the bright blue sky turning into a dark gray with thunder clouds rolling in. I did a full 360, seeing that the grass had turned black, as if it had burnt. The flowers had shriveled up, leaning towards the ground.

I looked back up to (Y/n); She now had a ripped looking black dress on, makeup running down her face. I started sprinting to her, only to have her turn and run from me. I ran over a small hill, seeing a single, brightly colored house that had a dark aroma. (Y/n) was entering the front door, wiping her eyes and nose.

I ran to the house, then the door dissolved right as I put my hand up to knock. "(Y/n)? Are you in here?"

I walk slowly into the house, then hear (Y/n)'s sweet laughter. I smiled and walked to where the sound was coming from, then stopped in my tracks as I saw her on a couch with some other man, him on top of her, both of them smiling as he leaned in.

"(Y/n)?" She rolled her eyes and looked over at me.

"What do you want?" Her tone was hateful, aggravated even.

"Why did you run away from me?" I decided to ignore the man for now.

"You took too long. I had to get someone that wanted me at the moment, not later. And I found him." She smiled and looked at the man beside her, then he turned to look at me.

It was Felix?

He smirked and kissed her cheek, "I will always be there when you need me, (Y/n)." She looked at him, just for him to connect their lips.

I wanted to beat him to death. I wanted to cry my eyes out. I wanted to run and wallow in my sorrow. But I couldn't. I was stuck in place. Even if I tried to move, I couldn't. It's like I was paralyzed.

She smirked at me as she pulled away, "Jack? Why did you take so long to get to me? You could've prevented this," She motioned between her and Felix. "from ever happening if you would've came to me when I called."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't look back. Keep your eyes on the prize, Jackie. Don't loose sight of what you want, or what wants you."

My eyebrows furrowed as Felix evaporated from the couch, (Y/n) standing up. "What does that mean?"

"Just don't look back." Her voice faded as everything around me evaporated, just like Felix. The floor fell out from under me, leaving me to fall down the black abyss once more.

I took a sharp breath as I woke up, my heart racing. I immediately started patting around the bed, finding (Y/n) curled up into a ball on her side a few inches away from me. I sighed out of relief, knowing at least some of the dream wasn't true. But what did it mean?

'Don't look back. What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? (Your language sounds like it comes from a mumble rap community) Don't look back. On my past? Just in general? Also, keep my eyes on the prize? Is (Y/n) 'the prize'? Does it mean I shouldn't let her out of my sight? That I should keep her as my main attention? Again, also, don't loose sight of what I want, or what wants me? Is it my fan base? (Y/n)?My friends and family? WHAT DOES ANY OF IT MEAN?'