Chapter 23

⚠️ Trigger Warning ⚠️

Also, I don't know how these things (You'll understand later) go, so give me some slack or hints throughout the chapter. I haven't experienced this for myself, but I've family members who has...

Your POV

We got to the hospital around 4:30 am, telling the front desk worker that something was horribly wrong.

He looked at the computer screen, then back to me and Jack, "I'm sorry, but there doesn't seem to be a radiologist here right now because they're switching between shifts."

Jack groaned as I whimpered, a strike of pain worse than the others shooting through. Jack glanced at me, then leaned over to desk, "Alright, listen dude, my girlfriend that is pregnant is bleeding and in pain. I need any type of God damn doctor that can either help or tell me what's wrong. Please."

He looked back at the screen, then to Jack, who looked worried and impatient, "Sir, please, back up. I can try to call a radiologist to get them to hurry in, but it might be a little while."

"Do what ever the fuck you need to! I need to know what's wrong!" I gritted my teeth, the pain getting worse.

He picked up his telephone, dialing a number quickly. "Ah, yes, Dr. Schneep, (🤫🤫) we need you to come in as fast as you can." He nodded, "Yes, there's a distressed couple, the woman is pregnant." He nodded again, "Just hurry, she is in immense pain." He hung up the phone and looked at us, "He'll be here in less than five minutes. Just take a seat right over there and I'll let you know when he's here."

Jack nodded and we went to take a seat, the pain not subsiding. "Jack, I hope the baby is okay." I said, rubbing my lower stomach.

Jack looked over to me, "Me too." He put his arms around me, letting out a small breath of air.

"What if we l-... lose the baby?" I asked, my voice cracking.

Jack paused before speaking, his voice coming out at almost a whisper, "I don't know, princess." He kissed the top of my head, then rested his chin there.

Pain pounded into my abdomen, back, and pelvis at the same time, making a groan of pain erupt from my throat. Jack rubbed my upper back in little circles, hoping to calm me down. Once that pain 'went away', I noticed the constant cramping feeling in my lower abdomen; It felt like I was on my period, but a lot worse, honestly.

Suddenly, someone in a white lab coat came bursting through the front door, and the man at the front desk motioned us over. Jack got up while I tried to get up, but my body wasn't having it.

"Jack, I'm trying to get up, but I can't."

Jack nodded and went over to who I assumed was Dr. Schneep, then the doctor went back out the door for a second and returned with a wheelchair. Jack and Dr. Schneep approached me, chatting amongst themselves.

They both helped me over into the wheelchair, then Jack started rolling me beside the doctor as we went to an exam room. Jack helped me up onto the table while the doctor got some gloves on.

"So, can you tell me what's wrong?" He pulled his rubber glove on, the latex smacking against his skin.

"Uh, I'm pregnant and bleeding with a lot of pain." I said, a hand over the area that was in a constant cramp.

The doctors face flashed with worry, then back to calm and collected. "Where does it hurt?"

"My back, pelvis, and abdomen. I'm also experiencing a constant cramping feeling."