Chapter 34

Your POV

Two hours had passed, guests arrived, and my nerves had exploded with anticipation. Mark and I was standing outside of the main room, only a door blocking me from Jack and all the guests.

I laced my arm with Marks, sighing slowly, "Mark, I'm scared. What if I mess up horribly? What if I fall and make a fool out of myself? What if I mess everything up? What if-"

"Sis, you're going to do fine, trust me. I believe in you. You've believed in Santa for ten years, believe in yourself for five minutes."

I chuckled at Marks analogy, "Thanks for that, Mark."

"You're welcome."

The music starts playing and I took a breath, tightening my grip on Mark and my bouquet. The doors slowly opened, revealing the whole room to Mark and me. I smiled as my eyes landed instantly on Jack. He looked so handsome with his bright smile as he looked at me.

The flower girl, Mika's sister, (idk if she has a sister or nah.) came from the hall, tossing petals out in front of me as we walked down the isle, all eyes on us. Mark and I got to the end of the isle, waiting for the minister (or priest, I guess) to say something. (It's a Catholic wedding because Jack's religion is Roman Catholic, I think.)

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the sight of God, and in the presence of friends and family as we join this man and woman in Holy Matrimony, which is commended of St. Paul to be an honorable estate, instituted of God and therefore not to be entered into unadvisedly or carelessly, but reverently, joyfully, and in the love of God. Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined." (Yes, I searched up what happens at a Catholic Wedding 😂) The minister put a Bible down onto a podium, then looked at us. "Who gives this bride to this groom in marriage?"

"I do." Mark smiled.

Mark placed my right hand in Jack's left hand, then went beside Jack, in the place for Best Man. I glanced over, seeing Mom and Thomas sitting together, Thomas holding Moms hand while she wiped tears away. The minister made a motion for what little chatter that was happening to quiet down, also making me and Jack drop each other's hand.

(This part sounds (a little) like it's against the LGBTQ+ community, so please, don't get angry at me. It's saying that there are only two genders, so... Yeah. Sorry if that offends you in any way. It's what was on the website.)

"Are there any objections to this marriage?" Everyone looked around at each other, waiting for a response that didn't come. The minister nodded and opened the Bible, then looked around at everyone while speaking and reading. "Jesus Christ reminds us, that at the beginning, the Creator made us male and female, and said, 'For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave his wife; and the two shall become one flesh.'" The minister paused and took a deep breath. "God loved us, and created us to love others. Our lives find completion only as we love and are loved in return. Together, we can become what we could never be separately. Marriage is of God."

The minister started flipped pages, looking trough the Bible until he found a certain page, then started reading again.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, if is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves. Love never fails." The minister looked up from the Bible and looked between me and Jack. "Seán McLoughlin and (Y/n) (L/n) come today desiring to be united in this sacred relationship. Now, let us pray." There was a sound of movement, signaling that everyone in the room bowed their heads, including me and Jack. "O' Almighty God you have created us all in the image of Love, the image of Yourself. Bless now these two who stand before you. Guide them in your wisdom, shine your light upon them, that as they journey through this life together they will walk as bearers of your Truth. Amen."