Chapter 29

Your POV

Jack parked the car in front of a building with a sign that said, 'Jessica's Beauty Boutique'. I looked over at him, a confused look on my face.

"What are we doing here?"

Jack slyly smiled, "I'm going to get your hair done! Not dyed or anything, because you just got that faded out blue cut off a while ago."

That was true. I did get the blue cut off, starting out fresh with my original color again. Luckily, it wasn't that much hair that needed to be cut off, so not much had changed with my appearance. (The blue in my hair still hasn't faded that much and idk why.)

"What do you mean by 'get your hair done'? I thought I already fixed it this morning?"

Jack shook his head, "Not completely. You'll see what I mean. Oh, and after your done, I have something for you to change into."

I squinted my eyes at him and he smiled innocently and got out, opening the door for me. "Do I not look okay now?"

Jack shook his head quickly, "You look absolutely gorgeous right now, but it isn't enough for later."

"What's going on later?"

"Why are you asking so many questions?"

I shrugged, "I don't know."

Jack shrugged too, "Then I don't know what's going on later until you get your hair done and you get changed." He talked cheerily, not missing a beat to take a breath.

I huffed and enter through the door Jack was holding open, a woman styling someone's hair while a man stood behind the counter, looking at his phone. Once the little chime sounded through the store, both of the workers looked over, recognized Jack, and the man rushed over.

"Hello, Mr. McLoughlin, you're here for a hair appointment, correct?"

Jack smiled and nodded, "Yes. Well, not me, my beautiful girlfriend here is going to get her hair done up."

The man nodded and directed me to another room, Jack following after us. The man turned a light on, illuminating a deluxe barber chair, lots of hair curlers, straighteners, and crimpers, and a few other hair products that looked expensive. The barber sat me down, and twisted me until I was looking into the mirror, with both of them behind me.

"What would you like done?"

"What could you do?" I asked, not really sure what I should do.

"Hang on." The man ran off into the first room, then came back with a book. He laid it gently in my lap, opening it to a curled hairstyle. "How are you getting dressed?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, honestly. You'll have to ask Jack, he knows what it is." I laughed softly.

The man looked to Jack, then Jack motioned for him to follow. They walked out, leaving me to look through the book. There were pictures of women with their hair curled, put up into an elegant up-do, and with a barrette to top it off. Soon, the guys came back, the stylist politely taking the book.

He flipped over to a different page, then showed me a girl that had her hair completely curled, some loose curls, most of her hair pulled back into a bun that showed off the curls really well. It had a white beaded barrette around it, pulling it together.

(About like this, but your hair color:)