Chapter 13

Have you realized that all these chapters have been about 2 days? (I think, anyway.) I drag my writing on, dude. It's not good.

Your POV

We finally got home and got the tree from Tony, placing it in the stand and putting some water in the bottom to keep it fresh. Tony left and Jack and I went inside, looking at the plastic wrapped tree.

"Get some scissors while I get the decorations, please." Jack said, heading down the hall.

I went into the kitchen and opened up a drawer, sifting through knives and knife sharpeners, finally finding the scissors. I took them into the living room and cut the plastic off the tree, the branches slowly falling into place.

Jack stumbled into the room, three boxes piled onto his arms. He sat them down beside the tree, huffing and dusting the top box off.

"This should decorate the tree and the rest of inside the house." He patted the box.

"Okay, let's get to work!" I said, a smile on my face.

"Just be careful with heavy lifting in case you are pregnant, love. We don't want to hurt the baby."

I nodded, "I will." I kissed his cheek and opened the top box, finding all sorts of ornaments for the tree.

Jack set the top and middle box on the floor so that we could get all the boxes open, then opened the other two boxes. I started decorating the tree while jack hung fairy lights around the living room, putting dark green tinsel around the coffee table, and placing a bunch of fake snow and a little porcelain village on the coffee table. He came over and help put the star on top of the tree after he finished, both of us standing back to look at the now decorated room.

"Good job with the coffee table, babe. It looks adorable."

Jack chuckled, "You did a good job with the ornaments, too." He kissed my cheek, tightening his arm around my waist. "Now, we need to hang lights in the main hallway, kitchen, and place a few candles, then we'll be done!"

I nodded as I grabbed a bundle of lights, heading into the hall. Jack handed me a step stool and I gratefully took it, considering I couldn't reach the top of the doorways without jumping. I pinned lights all throughout the hall, the trail following the floors border, going around the door frame, and going to the end of the hall. It even went around the front door. I plugged the strands of lights together, then plugged the first one in, all the hall lighting up with neon colors.

I proudly put my hands on my hips, admiring my work. Jack happened to walk into the hall, looked around, then at me, a joyful smile on his face. He clapped a bit, making me giggle. "Good job, baby girl! It looks stunning!"

I smiled and bowed, "Thank you."

Jack laughed and motioned for me to follow him into the kitchen, my mouth falling agape as I walked in. Lights were pinned underneath all the cabinets, around the ceiling, and around the edges of the countertop. A new tablecloth that was red with small snowflakes every five inches was draped over the dining table. A new centerpiece that was Santa's sleigh was placed on the table, a small Santa figurine beside it, stepping into the sleigh. The stools had been covered up by Christmas-themed seat covers.

"Wow, Jack... You got this all done while I only hung lights?"

He nodded, "It wasn't that much."

I turned to him, my eyebrows raised, "Not that much? Like I said, I only hung lights! You did all this while I did one thing."

Jack shrugged, starting to unplug the lights for now. I shook my head and went into the living room, looking into the boxes to see if there were any more decorations to put up. There were only plastic, glitter covered snowflakes. I grabbed a hand full and my step stool, starting to hang a snowflake every few feet on the ceiling.