Chapter 30

Bonus chapter because of New Years! 🤷‍♀️

Guys, it's 3 am (not anymore, but oh well) and I'm writing this... I just finished the other chapter... It's gonna get sappy, sort of, I guess, I'm not the best at writing sappy shit... I wanna die. 😂😇

But really, it's fuuuuckinnnn sappy, so be prepared to smile until you get tears, cuz I did... (Probably because I was realll tired when I wrote it) I hope you guys are proud.

Anyway...

ON TO THE STORY!!

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Your POV

Once our food we ordered came out, we ate and casually chatted, drinking lightly at the bubbly champagne. As we ate, Jack's hand rested comfortably on my bare knee, his hand sometimes squeezing when he laughed or smiled.

We drank most of the champagne before we got done, leaving the rest of the bottle there after we finished. The waiter brought the check out and Jack took it before I could even think about grabbing it, nodding like the price was reasonable.

"Jack, can I see?"

He shook his head with a shrug, "What ever you want to do. You might be angry that I spent so much, but again, only the best for my princess."

I squinted my eyes at him as I eagerly picked the check up, my eyes widening once I saw the price. $132. The champagne alone was $75. Why the fuck was it so expensive?

"Jack..." I was at a loss for words as the waiter came back and collected the check, along with Jack's card.

The waiter came back again and handed Jack his card back and told us to have a good night, then went to tend to a dirty table. Jack smiled and offered me his arm, which I took graciously, walking out the doors together.

As we were walking back to the car, Jack was talking. "We have two more places to go. And we aren't going home, by the way."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see, ba-by." Jack said, a cheerful tone to his voice.

I smiled as he opened the car door for me again, letting me in. He got in and started driving again, going towards a very large patch of trees. We drove down the crooked road, passing trees and small wildlife.

Jack drove upon a small turn off, and took the turn, going onto a well beaten dirt road. It wasn't as bumpy as I expected, but it was enough to make my voice sound weird as I talked when the car hit a dip.

We drove until we found a little open field, probably two acres that was tree-free. Jack stopped at the edge of it and got out, then opened the door for me. He went to the trunk and grabbed a blanket, taking it with us.

"You might want to take those heels off, princess."

I nodded and carried them with me since we were already a far bit away from the car. Jack spread the blanket out on the ground, revealing another blanket that was folded within the other.

We sat done and Jack covered us up, the blanket wrapped around his shoulders with me in front of him, using his chest as a backrest. He wrapped his arms around me, also tugging the blanket along with him, covering my face with it.

I suddenly heard thunder crack off in the distance, making me jump. "Jack, its going to rain."

"Perfect." He mumbled.

"What? We need to go back, don't we?"

"A little rain won't hurt. Settle down."

He kissed the top of my head, then rested his chin there. I watched as the clouds rolled in, covering the night sky.