Chapter 28

Your POV

Jack started driving down a vaguely familiar road, a small building and a thicket of trees coming into view. It dawned on my what this place was: The little café Jack and I visited, were the nice worker, Patty, is!

"Jack, we haven't been here in forever!"

"I know, and we told her we would come back, so now we are!"

I smiled as he parked and got out, running over to my side before I even got my seatbelt off. He opened the door for me and held my hand as I got out, making me giggle.

"Want the same thing we got last year?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, I wanna see if it's the same."

We rushed inside and sat at our old seats, nostalgia flooding into me. I took a deep breath, smelling all the coffee and pastries that were being made. I sighed with a smile as I looked at Jack, seeing him smiling at me.

Soon, the waitress came over, "Hello, I'm Patty, and I'm going to be..." She spoke slowly, looking between us. "Do I know you?" She asked bluntly.

I nodded and giggled, "Yeah, we were here a little over a year ago."

Her eyebrows furrowed, "How did I remember you guys?" She laughed. "Anyway, I'll be taking your order today! What would you like?"

"A black coffee, (F/h/d), and two hot (Fav Meat) and cheese croissants, please." Jack said, handing Patty the menus we didn't need.

She wrote it down and took the menus, "It'll be right out!" She walked off to the kitchen, preparing our food.

I looked out the window and saw a small family of three, two dads and a little girl. They were swinging her between them, walking into the café. I smiled as I watched them until they were out of sight. The bell above the door rang, signaling they had come in, then chairs scooting on the floor as they sat down.

I looked at Jack as our drinks came out, Patty setting them on the table lightly. "Here ya go! What your all's names? Sorry if I sounded rude."

I smiled and waved her off, "You're completely fine. I'm (Y/n) and he's Jack. Have you ever heard of Jacksepticeye or (Yt/c)?"

She looked like she just saw something phenomenal as she realized who we were, "That's where I know you all from! Well, other than the time you came here."

Jack smiled, "So you're a fan?"

Patty nodded vigorously, "Yeah, sort of. I've watched a few videos that you guys collabed with Markiplier."

I laughed softly, "That's my brother, if you didn't know."

Her eyes widened, "Really? That's awesome!" She looked down, looking slightly bashful as she grabbed her notepad. "Can I have you autographs?"

Jack and I nodded as I signed the paper, then him, letting her have the notepad back after. "There you go!" Jack said, giving her a soft smile.

Something digging back in the kitchen, making Patty jump, "That's your food, I'll be back."

She ran off and came back, giving us our food. She smiled and left us alone after that, saying that she would let us have our privacy. I watched as she went over to the family and took their orders, smiling as she listened closely to what they wanted.

I turned back to my food and Jack, seeing him taking a drink of his coffee. I looked down to my food, seeing the steam rolling off of the sandwich. I picked up my drink and took a sip, enjoying the wonderful taste. I built up enough courage to take a bite of my food, the sandwich not as hot as I expected.

Once we finished eating, we paid and got back into the car, driving off to another destination Jack had chosen. Once he stopped, I looked around, seeing swings and slides, with a few children running around. We got out and went to the other end on the park, where the older swing sets were.

Jack smiled fondly as he sat down on one of the small wooden seats, grabbing hold of the gray chains holding him up. "This is where I used to play when I was a kid. Well, that was when we actually came out to town."

I sat down beside him, wrapping my hands around the chains before kicking off the ground lightly. I flowed back and forth effortlessly, the soft wind moving my hair around.

"Did you not go into town often?" I asked, curious.

"I didn't, Ma and my sisters always would. It was only once every blue moon I would. But I always asked if we could come here, and Ma wouldn't say anything, she would just drive us out here and let us loose. She would leave, get what she needed, then come back to get us in less than thirty minutes." He chuckled a little. "One time, probably not even five minutes after she left, one of my brothers broke their arms."

"How did you get up with her?"

Jack shook his head, "We didn't. He tried to set his bone back, but it didn't work, so he started running to the closest hospital, holding his arm with the opposite hand. When Ma did come back, which was later than usual, we told her what had happened, she scolded us, then we went to the hospital where he was and picked him up."

I raised an eyebrow, "So you guys just stayed and played while your brother ran around town, trying to get to a hospital?"

"Yep."

I laughed, "If Tom and I would've done that when Mark broke his arm, We would have been grounded for a whole year."

Jack let out a soft chuckled, starting to talk, but his phone started ringing. "Hang on, babe, I got to take this, I'll be right back."

He got up and answered the phone, walking a good distance away from me, so that I was just out of earshot.

Jack's POV

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Seán McLoughlin?"

"Yes."

"I'm calling to make sure you still want that reservation tonight."

I smiled as I turned back to look at (Y/n), my smile getting wider as I watched her look around at the scenery. "Ah, yes, I would like to keep it. Is there anyway I could make it about 15 minutes earlier?"

I heard paper shuffling around over the phone, then the man cleared his throat, "Yes, there is. Would you like to bump your time up?"

"Yes, please."

I heard a pen writing something, then the mans voice again. "Alright, you're booked for 7:15 pm, tonight!"

"Thanks!"

"You're welcome, goodbye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and walked back over to (Y/n), seeing that it was already 4:30, we needed to hurry to our next place.

Alright! Chapter 28 coming at you with 1100+ words!

I wonder where the next place is? Or the reserved place? What's after that? READ TO FIND OUTTTTT 👌

But anyway, punch that vote button in the face LIKE A BOSS! I'll see you doods in the next chapter!