Chapter 15

Your POV

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, then turned it over. I didn't hear anything from Jack, so I looked over at him, not glancing at the test yet. He was staring at the test, an unreadable look on his face. I gulped and looked down at it.

Positive.

I teared up as I reread the test, joy and worry flushing over me. "Jack..." I whispered, a smile on my face as tears streamed.

He looked over at me slowly, a smile spreading as he did. "(Y/n)..."

I hugged him tightly, sobbing quietly from the mixed emotions I felt: Joy, because I was pregnant; Worry, because what would the family think?; And dread, because I have to deal with getting bigger for nine months.

Jack started laughing, then picked me up, twirling me around in the middle of the bathroom, "(Y/n), this is beautiful! The baby is going to be just as great as you! I'm going to teach it how to game like a boss, and all about my job, and how to tell good jokes, and I'm going to be so proud of them regardless of what they do." I pulled back from the hug just to have my face peppered with kisses all over, then I could see Jack's bright smile as he stopped kissing me. His eyes were crinkled up slightly from how wide his smile was. "You're amazing. I love you so much."

I giggled, "I love you too."

I wiped a few tears as Jack let go of me, then he grabbed the test. "Let's show the family. Hopefully they won't be negative about it." Jack chuckled nervously, taking me hand and putting the test in his back pocket.

We walked out of the bathroom together, me wiping the rest of my tears from my face. We walked into the living room, Jack's smile not leaving his face and mine brightening up with a smile.

"We have some news to tell you all." Jack said excitedly, nervousness laced within his voice.

"You're getting married already?" Ma asked, a smile forming on her face.

"It's a little different." I said slowly.

I looked over at Jack as he looked at me, "We're pregnant!" We exclaimed together, Ma and Mom immediately rushing up to us, smiling and cooing.

"Let's see the test!" Mom said, making grabby hands to us. Jack pulled it from his pocket and held it out for them, wrapping his arm around me after.

"I'm going to be a Grandma!" Ma said, a smile plastered on her face.

I looked over to Pa, seeing him with a smile, watching as Ma and Mom talked about the baby. I looked over to Mark, seeing him looking straight at me, a blank expression I couldn't read on his face. 'This is the first time I couldn't understand a facial expression from him.'

I broke away from Jack's arm and went to Mark, dragging him out into the hall.

"Mark, what do you think?"

He sighed, messing with his hair, "Sis... Your relationship with him has only been two months long! This baby shouldn't even be here! I mean, I'm happy that you're happy, but... are you even prepared to become a mother? Have you thought about that? Come on, you're only 27! Yeah, you might think you're old enough, but in reality, no one really is!"

I placed my hands on his shoulders, looking him in his eyes, "Listen, I know how long I've been with Jack, and I know it hasn't been that long, but I've always wanted kids. You should've seen his reaction to when realization set in. It was so great. And you're going to have to accept the fact that I am pregnant and that this is my reality now. I'm going to have to deal with whatever comes my way, whether it be good or bad, and I'm hoping you're going to be by my side if I need you."