Part 1: The Princess

It had been awhile since Donghua and Feng Jiu had married and now, Feng Jiu was suspecting something fishy. Donghua and her had not a lot of interaction for a few days, and she missed him. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps sounded behind her. It wasn't Donghua, his footsteps were always calm, slow, just like his demeanour. But these were quick, which was definitely not Donghua. As Feng Jiu, turned, she saw the Heavenly Lord's cousin, Princess Zhi'yue, standing there. She looked smug. Anything that could make Zhi'yue smug was never a good thing for Feng Jiu. Feng Jiu did not have to bow, as Donghua's wife, she was of higher rank than Zhi'yue, but Zhi'yue showed no courtesy to her. She never did. She simply said, 'Guess what? I finally have the upper hand. Donghua is going to make me a consort of his.' Fengjiu's heart came to her throat. She gasped in fear. "No..."she backed away from the smirking princess. Crashing into one thing after another, she started to cry. "Did Donghua ask you to come tell me this? If he did, tell him that if he thinks I'll ever trust him after this, he can think again!" The princess laughed meanly. "Do you think Donghua still loves you? It was only because you once took a sword wound for him that he felt he needed to return the favour so he married you. HAHAHAH! What a joke!" Feng Jiu was so overcome with sadness, betrayal, shock and anger that she passed out, crashing into more antique vases. Just then, the Heavenly Empress, Feng Jiu's aunt, Bai Qian of Qing Qiu, had come to visit Feng Jiu. Hearing the sound of breaking china, she rushed in along with her husband, Heavenly Lord Ye Hua. They lifted her up to her bedchamber, the Hall of Beautiful Youth, for her to rest and had the imperial doctor come and take a look at her. "Her body was already weak. A shock came to her so her body couldn't take it and collapsed," was the explanation. When Fengjiu came to, she found herself in her very own chambers. She also heard a commotion going on outside. To the maid who was standing by her bed she said, "Help me outside." When she got outside, she saw her aunt giving Princess Zhi'yue a piece of her mind. She hobbled forward, the maid at her heels. "Aunt," she managed to say. And then she saw. Standing, as bold as brass, next to Princess Zhi'yue, was the one and only Donghua Dijun. As he saw her, his eyes flickered with just a hash of concern and curiosity. She once felt happiness and love welling up in her every time she saw Donghua. But now all she felt was anger and betrayal. "GET OUT!" She screamed at Donghua and the startled Princess Zhi'yue. "Get out! I don't want to see your faces again. After everything you've done to me, you dare to show your faces in front of me? Get out of here! Now! I don't care what I have to do to get you out of my sight, but I will do what I must! I don't want to see you two ever again!" Shocked, the two backed away sheepishly. Fengjiu was breathing heavily and her eyes were rimmed red.