Part 2: Back to Qing Qiu

After Donghua and Princess Zhi'yue had very sheepishly returned to Taichen Palace, the Heavenly Empress and Heavenly Lord made preparations for Feng Jiu to be sent back to Qing Qiu. They also arranged for the marriage of Donghua and Feng Jiu to be null and void. Donghua would marry the princess. And Feng Jiu would return to Qing Qiu as the queen once again. She would not return to the Celestial Palace unless there was an emergency or if there was a special occasion. So, she wouldn't have a reason to ever meet Donghua or Princess Zhi'yue again. And that would at least remove the worst of Feng Jiu's problems. This was brooding news. The Celestial Palace has never much liked Princess Zhi'yue much anyway. She was restless and mischievous, always poking her nose into where it wasn't wanted, whereas Donghua was calm, never perturbed and was a deity best suited for hanging on the wall. The only plus side was that the princess loved Donghua deeply. But the Celestial Tribe was not so sure that Donghua reciprocated her feelings. Feng Jiu was the only lady Donghua had ever been known to react to. She was the only one who could make him smile, even if just for a second. And now that she had gone, would Donghua go back to being 'the god that came from a rock'? He had made some progress with emotions during Feng Jiu's stay in the Celestial Palace. Now that she had left for Qing Qiu, would he miss her antics? Her attitude?
Feng Jiu
During the carriage ride back to Qing Qiu, Feng Jiu wept in earnest, and asked her aunt, who was next to her, tearfully: "I chose Donghua, I chose wrong. Will we really never meet again?" Her aunt told her, "It is time to put everything behind you. You are a queen. You are and always will be. He is just but a relationship challenge. You will forget." Feng Jiu thought of the evil princess. Then she resolved to be the queen everyone wished her to be. She knew that the late Heavenly Lord had given Donghua Dijun one more chance to reciprocate Feng Jiu's feelings for him. But now, it was all wrong. He was due to marry Princess Zhi'yue. He obviously didn't give a damn about us, she thought.