Chapter 28: Her Family

We checked out of our hotel and got into our rental cars. We then started the two hour drive to my hometown. I was a pretty boring drive until David started playing music. He set his camera on the dashboard and recorded everyone as we sang and danced along to the music. And being who he is, David started playing my favorite song. I turned to him and smiled. He put his elbow on the console and held his open hand up. He turned to me and gave me his puppy dog eyes until I rested my elbow on the console and grabbed his hand. We both began to sing along to Y/F/S. Once the song ended David turned to me and placed a sweet kiss on my lips. We held hands for the rest of the ride.

Next, David play the one and only My Life Sucks. Scotty, Todd, and I sang every lyric.

David then played Look After You by The Fray. A song we always sing together. David thinks it's a perfect song for our relationship, and I honestly agree. And now whenever I hear it my mind is just filled with David. Scotty, Todd, and Jason recorded us singing the whole time. They posted it on their stories with captions saying things like, 'Too Cute', 'Never Too Early To Find Love, and 'Goals'.

The songs following were, It's Tricky by: RUN-DMC, Rich and Blind by: Juice WRLD, Casual Affair by: Panic! At The Disco, This is Gospel by: Panic! At The Disco, Beautiful Now by: Zedd, and Look at Me! by: XXXTENTACION (R.I.P.😭).

After some more songs we arrived in my hometown. I gave David the directions to my old school.

"It's a nice school for such a small town." Todd complimented.

"Yeah, it's a trash school otherwise though." I said leaning back in my seat.

"We finally got air conditioning during 7th grade." I sighed.

Everyone laughed.

"I'm not kidding! It was awful!" I laughed.

"If it wasn't for my friends I probably would've moved away in, like, 5th grade." I added.

We then drove to my childhood home. We waited until Liza, Gabbie, Zane, and Heath got there too. When they finally arrived David and I got out of the car and walked up to the door. I loudly inhaled. David grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers. I looked at our hands. Our matching bracelets almost touching, and my promise ring shining in the sunlight reflecting off of the window.

"You're shaking" David said looking into my eyes.

"What can I say? I get nervous around you." I said smiling.

"I wish that was the reason you were shaking." He responded smiling ear to ear.

We smiled at each other before he leaned forward and placed a kiss on my forehead. I took a deep breath before knocking three times. A few seconds later the door cracked open.

"Y/N!?" My brother's wife, Kristen, shouted throwing the door open.

Her smile was as amazing as it was last time I had seen it. My smile widened. Now that was a face I wanted to see.

"KRISTEN!" I yelled as we flew into each other's arms.

"I've missed you so much!" She squealed as we hugged.

"How have you been? How's YouTube?" Then she noticed David.

"And who's this?" She asked smiling at him.

He stuck his hand out.

"I'm David" He said as they shook hands.

"Y/N's-" He started but was cut off by Kristen.