Chapter 31: Confessions

~A/N~

Prepare your mind!

There will be a lot of switching perspectives in this chapter which I understand can get confusing. I just think switching the perspectives will make this chapter better. I'm sorry if this confuses you or gives you a headache.

Talk to You Later,

~Emma Maddy~

~David's POV~

My heart started racing. Y/N lifted her head up. She looked at me clearly concerned. She placed her hand on my chest, feeling my heartbeat.

"Babe, are you okay?" She asked me uneasily.

My eyes shot around the park. There was no sign of Ellie.

"What's going on?" She asked still sounding anxious.

My mind was racing almost as much as my heart. I wanted to make sure I wasn't just missing Ellie before I told Y/N and gave her a heart attack. Her hand grabbed my face and forced me to look at her.

"What's wrong?" She asked urging me to answer.

I stared at her in fear for a moment. I knew when I told her there was no going back. I just knew I couldn't lie to her. So I just told her straight up.

"I don't see Ellie." I was able to get out.

Her whole face turned white. She shot up and looked around frantically. I stood up behind her.

"Don't panic" I said in attempt to calm her down.

"She might just be in the tubes." I suggested even though I knew she wasn't. The sunset was illuminating the tunnels. You would be able to see her shadow if she was in there.

She started to walk towards everyone else. It swiftly turned into a sprint. I followed her as she ran over to everyone.

~Liza's POV~

Gabbie and I sat on top of the tube after handing Ellie off to Todd and Scotty. We slowly crawled to the middle of the tube (very slowly) and just sat with our legs dangling off of the tube. We sat in silence for a moment, but since I'm sitting with Gabbie, it wasn't quiet for long.

"Sooooo" She began.

"Whatcha wanna talk about?" She asked biting her bottom lip.

I inhaled.

"I don't really care" I sighed.

"C'mon, it's like we're in school again. I mean, we're literally sitting on a play set." She said.

I smiled.

"Yeah, you're right." I said.

"All of my stories and thoughts are out in the world, but yours aren't. What's some stories you've got? What's some hot tea you can spill?" She asked getting anxious.

I bit my lip trying to hold back what was on my mind.

"C'mon Liza. Anything. Like, what do you think of your best friend and ex dating?"