Chapter 46: Fireworks

I slowly woke up in bed. I stared at the ceiling for a few moments before stretching and flopping over on my side, and there I saw David. I smiled at the sight of him. His adorable face completely relaxed. He looked so peaceful.

How did I of all people end up with David? I asked myself. How did he fall for me? I questioned. How did someone like me get so lucky?

I sighed and slowly got out of bed. I was instantly hit by coldness. I shivered and walked over to the closet. I grabbed the first long sleeve I saw, which was a Views long sleeve. I took off my shirt and slipped it on. It wasn't until I had it on when I noticed it was actually David's. I shrugged and walked into the kitchen. I walked right over to the coffee machine and made some coffee. I hoisted myself onto the counter and sat nursing my coffee in silence. I heard my alarm go off in the bedroom. I panicked. I didn't want it to wake up David. I set my coffee down and ran to the bedroom as quietly as possible. I quickly switched off the alarm. I exhaled and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I'm such a fucking idiot" I said under my breath.

I was suddenly pulled backwards onto the bed. I let out a short scream in surprise even though I knew exactly who it was. His hand covered my mouth.

"Shhhh!" He said dramatically. "Natalie's probably still sleeping." He chuckled taking his hand off of my mouth.

I shook my head. "She definitely isn't anymore." I chuckled grabbing his hand and holding it.

"By the way" He began. "Happy New Years Eve" He smiled.

"Right back at ya Mr. Dobrik." I replied. "But, my coffee's probably getting cold, so, if you don't mind, I'm going to go drink that now." I said starting to get up.

He grabbed my arms and pulled me back to his side.

"I do mind actually" He said playfully.

"Well to bad" I chuckled.

"Can I come with you at least?" He said with his puppy eyes.

"It's your house after all" I shrugged. "You get to do whatever the fuck you want" I laughed standing up.

"It's your house too" He replied.

"Yours first" I shot back.

"You win" He sighed.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he knew exactly what it was.

"Don't you always? Yes" He laughed.

"At least you get it" I shrugged walking out of the room.

I walked back into the kitchen and picked my coffee back up. I took a sip.

Thank god, still warm. I smiled.

I sat on the counter once more. I looked at the counter to my right where pictures sat. It used to be a mix of people, but now it was mostly pictures of me and David, or just me. There were a few of our friends mixed in, but nearly as many as there were of us. Some pictures I didn't even know he put over there. I smiled and took another sip of my coffee. I then noticed a picture of me that I forgot about.