1

3 weeks into college and Brooklyn Campanella was already studying for a test. Her decision to get an apartment as opposed to a dorm on campus was paying off so far. She thought it would be easier to focus living alone off campus without the distractions of roommates and parties. She was blessed to be able to afford living alone at 18. Not everyone had a dad who was the number one heart surgeon in New Jersey and a mother who was a luxury interior designer. Brooklyn had everything handed to her on a silver platter since she was a child but she wanted to go to college and make her own career so she wouldn't have to live off her parents' money forever.

Anthropology required her undivided attention and she was trying to study for her upcoming test when she heard an electric guitar so loud that it shook the pictures on the wall.

"You've got to be kidding me," she thought.

She waited a minute to see if it would stop but it didn't. She walked out into the hall and she could tell it was coming from the apartment across the hall. She knocked on the door but of course whoever was inside couldn't hear her. She beat harder on the door and yelled for someone inside. Finally a man yanked open the door. He was a tall, pale man with long black hair. He wore black eye liner and black clothes, obviously a wannabe rockstar.

"What?" he answered the door annoyed.

"Can you keep it down please? I'm trying to study for a college test." she asked nicely.

"And that means what to me?"

"... Look I'm asking you nicely, can you please do that later? You're really loud and I can't focus."

"Tell you what, I'm feeling generous today plus you're kinda hot so I'll give you two hours to do all your studying. After that you'll just have to figure it out for yourself. Me practicing is just as important as you studying."

"Somehow I doubt that but thanks." she rolled her eyes and turned around. As she opened her door the man called after her.

"Hey college girl, you got a name?"

"Wouldn't you like to know." she replied snappily.

"Fine, don't tell me. I'll just call you the bitchy college girl."

"It's Brooklyn."

"Are you from Brooklyn?" He asked.

"No. Saddle River, New Jersey."

"I knew I heard an accent."

"And what's your name rockstar?"

"Brian."

"Well Brian, you're using up my two hours." she said with a smile and closed the door on him.