15

Brooklyn woke up early Monday morning and got dressed for class, she and Brian had slept the full previous day.

After class she went back to her apartment and studied for hours. It was strange that she hadn't heard from Brian, he'd been going to her apartment everyday for the past few weeks. Later that night she decided to go check on him. She knocked on the door and waited for a minute. After no answer she tried the handle, it was unlocked.

"Brian?" She walked in. "Are you here? Is everything okay babe?" She walked through every room and he wasn't there.

She decided to go back to her apartment and cook herself some dinner.

While boiling some pasta she looked over and saw the light blinking on her answering machine. Thinking it was Brian, she called it back.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Brooklyn." The familiar voice said.

"Caleb? How did you get my number?"

"Your mom gave it to me. I didn't get a chance to tell you that I was actually on my way to visit your nonno when you were leaving."

"Caleb I'm sorry but you can't call me, I have a boyfriend now."

"Is it that guy I saw you with?"

"Yes that's him."

"Oh, well I don't see why we can't still be friends."

Brian came through the door of Brooklyn's apartment and slammed it.

"We can't, I gotta go." Brooklyn said.

"Wait, Brook he's not hurting you is he? I didn't like the way he looked."

"No, why would you even say that? I'm hanging up now, don't call me back."

Brian walked slowly towards her, the room was completely silent except for the sound of his boots methodically hitting the tile floor.

"Who was that?" Brian asked, getting in Brooklyn's face. His eyes were different, glazed over and his pupils were dilated.

She turned away from him.

"Brook who the fuck was that?" He grabbed her arm roughly, causing her to drop the phone.

"Wrong number." She lied.

"Bullshit. Don't you fucking lie to me."

"It was Caleb-"

"Why is he calling you?!" He yelled in her face and bent to pick up the phone.

"I don't know. My mom gave him my number."

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He grabbed her face roughly. "Don't you EVER answer his calls again, you understand me? I swear to god I'll break your fucking phone."

Brooklyn was pissed, how dare he? She wanted to tell him off, to curse him out but she was scared of what he'd do, he obviously wasn't in his right mind. But she couldn't just stand there and take it.

She tried to walk away from him but he grabbed her arm and snatched her back.

"I'm talking to you! You still love him don't you?"

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're on drugs!"

He grabbed her and pulled her close to him.

"Get your fucking hands off me!" She pushed him.

He backhanded her, causing her to fall to the floor. "Watch it. I wish you would get brave with me. You're mine Brook. If I ever find out you're fucking some other guy I swear to god..."

"What? You'll kill me?" She mocked him.

He got down to her level and looked in her eyes.

"No, but you'll wish I did."

He threw her phone on the floor and left her apartment slamming the door.

"You're fucking insane!" She yelled after him.

___________

sorry I took so long I was really busy this weekend and I was nervous to publish this chapter. hope you guys aren't mad. xx