60

Brooklyn and Ella were settled into Reid's home but still she refused to unpack all her stuff, deep inside she believed Brian just had one fuck up and she could move back home. She was worried about him and wanted nothing more than to call him and make sure he was okay but she knew it was the wrong thing to do, he needed to deal with the consequences of his actions. When her phone rang she was relieved to see it was him, even though she knew she couldn't answer.

He had left her a voicemail but just as she was about to listen to it, her phone rang again, this time it was Vinny.

"Hey sis I have some news." He said.

"Yeah?" She worried it was something about Brian.

"I'm coming to visit, I hope it's a good time for you."

"God, Vinny it couldn't be a worse time. I just left Brian, I'm staying with a friend."

"Oh my god, what happened? Should I go home?"

"Wait... you're already in Florida?"

"Yeah I just landed, I was about to go to the hotel mom and dad arranged for me. I can go back, I understand you have things to sort out."

"No, actually I'd like to see you. I could use all the help I can get with Ella. Call me when you get to the hotel and I'll tell you how to get here." She hung up.

"Who's that?" Reid asked.

"My brother, he's coming to visit. Do you mind?"

"Of course not. He's not staying with us?"

"No my parents got him hotel near here. I'm glad there's another safe place for Ella in case Brian finds us here."

"Are you gonna listen to his voicemail?"

"Should I?" Brooklyn asked.

"No, he'll just try to manipulate you into going back."

Ella started crying in another room and Brooklyn went to tend to her. She knew what the problem was, Ella missed her dad. Brooklyn decided to listen to the voicemail, which led to her wanting to call him even though she knew she shouldn't. She decided to text him.

To Brian:
We're okay.

From Brian:
Then call me please.

She sighed as she read the message.

From Brian:
Please just tell me where you are. Are you safe? Who are you with? I just want to make sure you're both okay.

To Brian:
We're safe. I'm staying with family and friends, please don't try to find us. Give me and Ella some space and trust that I know what's best for our daughter.

From Brian:
Does that mean you went to Jersey? Please just call me Brook, I need to hear your voice.

Brooklyn gave in and called him.

"Baby?" He answered. "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Bri. I told you, we're safe."

"How much time away do you need?"

"That depends on you. Brian be honest with me. Are you on drugs right now?"

"A little, I'm sorry. I'm gonna do what I can to get you back."

"I hope so, but as long as you do drugs you're not gonna see me or Ella."

"I know, I'm sorry. Can you please just tell me if you're still in Florida?"