66

Once life had returned to semi normalcy and Vinny was sure that it was safe to leave, he decided to go back to New Jersey. Brooklyn and Brian had been arranging things for their big move and today was the day that they would begin the biggest journey of their life. They were all set to begin their trip from coast to coast and if that didn't sound difficult enough, they were taking the journey with a six month old.

"We got everything?" Brian asked as he put away last of their bags at the airport.

"I think so." Brooklyn said.

"Alright, California here we come." They started to the gate of the plane.

Once the flight began they took the five and a half hour trip to LAX. Luckily Ella didn't cry much and cause a scene, she mostly slept the whole time.

When they landed in Los Angeles, they picked up their car and began the drive to their new home in Malibu.

"Oh my god the Pacific Coast Highway." Brooklyn sat up and beamed like a child. "I've always wanted to see it in person."

Brian smiled. "You see the ocean Ella?"

Ella giggled, making Brooklyn and Brian smile at each other. Brian leaned forward and turned up the radio, Just Like Heaven by The Cure became the only thing they could hear. What a perfect song for driving toward a new life, everything around them was just like heaven.

They finally made it to their Malibu beach home and Brooklyn couldn't believe her eyes at how big and beautiful it was.

"Oh my god. It's huge." Her mouth dropped.

Brian smiled, he'd been keeping the details of the home a secret so that he could surprise her.

"Bri this is beautiful." She said in awe.

"Wait until you see the inside."

They grabbed Ella and hopped out of the car. Brian opened the door and showed them in. The house was absolutely gorgeous. It was white, modern, and had a beautiful view of the beach.

Brooklyn had always thought that they'd live in their Fort Lauderdale home forever, but now she could literally envision Ella and their future children running around and playing in this house

"I've never been more happy." Brooklyn wrapped her arms around Brian.

"Our new life is gonna be beautiful."

"It already is." She kissed him. "Come on Ella lets go see your new room."

They spent the rest of the day unpacking and settling into their new home. Ella loved the house and the beach. When they finished unpacking they took the walkway down to the beach and Ella beamed with excitement.

"Why did we never do this in Florida?"

"We we're living too fast." Brian shrugged.

"We have to make time for this, look how much Ella loves it."

Brian leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. "My little beach baby."

After watching the sun set on the beach they took the trail back to their house and called it a night. Malibu was such a peaceful and cleansing place, it felt like their new life was a permanent vacation.