31

Wednesday went by extremely quickly, and so did the flight to New Jersey. They arrived at Brooklyn's childhood home in the afternoon. Her dad had been released on bail and her nonno was back home from the hospital, everything was back to normal.

"Hello?" Brooklyn yelled into the large house as she and Brian dragged in their luggage.

"Brooklyn is that you?" Her mother called. 

"Yeah it's me." She answered.

They went to greet Brooklyn's family.

"Hey Brookie." Her dad hugged her. "I was about to go to your grandparents, do you want to come?"

"No, we're gonna get settled in. Dad, you haven't met my boyfriend yet, this is Brian."

"Brian." Her dad looked him up and down. "I really have to go." He abruptly left.

Brooklyn and Brian went up the stairs into her old bedroom to put their stuff down. She plopped onto her bed and smiled at him.

"What's that look for?" He smirked.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking about how I want you to fuck me while my whole family's downstairs."

"Jesus, Brook are you feeling okay?" He laughed.

She started to crawl towards him. "I'd be a lot better if you'd f-"

"Brooklyn, come help in the kitchen!" Her mom called from downstairs.

"I'll be down in a minute." She sighed. "Damn it."

"We'll have to watch our language from now on. Wouldn't want your mother to hear you being a slut." He smirked.

"Oh you're gonna pay for that when I get back." She smiled and pushed past him and went downstairs to help her mom.

While Brooklyn was helping prepare the food for the next day's Thanksgiving dinner, her mom used the time to interrogate her.

"So, you're still with Brian huh?" Her mother asked.

"Yep." She answered awkwardly.

"Tell me about him, I haven't really gotten to know him. Last time he was here was a bit hectic and I didn't think he'd be returning."

"He's in a rock band... he's nice I guess. Mom why don't you get to know him? I'm calling him in here."

Brooklyn went to the bottom of the stairs to call Brian. "Babyyy!" She called, "Come down here!"

Brian made his way down the stairs and kissed Brooklyn over the banister. "Yeah?"

"My mom wants to get to know you, come hang out with us." She grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kitchen.

"Hi Brian." Her mom greeted. "Have a seat."

"Thank you Mrs. Campanella."

"You can call me Teresa. So Brian how long have you two been together?"

"About four months. We met a few weeks after Brook moved to Florida." He answered.

"I hear you're in a rock band, do you have a job other than that?"

"Well the music is my job. I know how it sounds but you have nothing to worry about as far as me being able to provide for Brook, music pays the bills and then some."

"Oh, well good. Is your relationship serious or just for fun?"

"Mom!" Brooklyn reprimanded.

"No it's okay. Mrs. Campanella I love your daughter, a lot. I don't plan on going anywhere, I want to be with her for a very long time, so yes it's serious."

Brooklyn's mom smiled. "Well I'm glad to hear that. You're different but I like you."

"Thank you, that means a lot." Brian smiled at her.

Brooklyn was so happy that Brian and her mother were getting along. She was worried that none of her family would like him, not that it mattered, she still loved him regardless.