4

The movie started and Brooklyn sipped her wine. Brian seemed to be moving closer every time he readjusted. Soon he was sitting right next to her. He was so close and the sexual tension was so thick in the air that she couldn't focus on the movie, she just kept watching him out of the corner of her eye.

They reached the part of the movie where Billy climbed into Sydney's window to make out with her and the tension grew thicker. It was the elephant in the room and Brooklyn knew she wasn't the only one who felt it.

In her peripheral she saw Brian's hand move onto her thigh. She froze, she didn't know what to do so she didn't move. Brian was surprised she didn't protest and he moved his hand further up her thigh. She grabbed his hand.

"Brian." she looked over at him. "I can't."

"Why not?" he leaned in and kissed her neck.

"... I shouldn't."

He ignored her and continued kissing her neck. She couldn't think straight. For a moment she didn't care anymore about the consequences, she wanted him. She kissed him back and things escalated. He was on top of her and he slid his hand underneath her dress tugging at the elastic on her underwear. Just before they reached the point of no return, there was a knock at the door. Brian tried to ignore it but the knocking continued.

"Fuck!" Brian said frustrated.

He got off of Brooklyn and answered the door. It was the pizza guy. Brian took the pizza and brought it to the couch.

It was awkward then. Brooklyn lied there still disheveled and breathing heavily. She sat up and adjusted her dress pulling it back down.

"So are we gonna continue or?" Brian asked.

"I shouldn't have let that happen. Let's just eat and finish the movie."

Brian sat back down on the couch and the two of them ate the pizza. Brooklyn finished her glass of wine, shocked at herself for letting Brian kiss her and for kissing him back. The awkward silence remained but they tried to focus on the movie. After a little while Brooklyn felt a wave of confidence and impulse take over her.

"Brian?"

"Yeah?"

She grabbed his hand and put it on her thigh where it had been before. Brian smiled and got on top of her to resume kissing her. Brooklyn took off his shirt and pulled up her dress. Brian flipped her over and yanked her underwear down. He slapped her ass and grabbed a handful of her curly blonde hair as he entered her. Brooklyn didn't expect it to be so rough but she didn't mind.

When they were finished they were both exhausted. Brooklyn went to the kitchen and got them both some water. She brought it back to Brian and sat down on the couch next to him in silence, she didn't know what to say. She didn't want to tell Brian that he was only the second person she'd done that with.

"Brook, you good?" Brian asked.

"Yeah." She sipped her water not taking her attention away from the movie.

"Do you want me to stay the night?" He asked.

"You don't have to, I have plans tomorrow."

Her response was colder than he expected. He concluded that she must not have been the cuddling type of girl.

"Uh okay. I'm gonna go then." Brian put his shirt and pants back on and left the apartment, and a regretful Brooklyn sat alone to wonder what on earth she'd just done.