46

After breakfast, Brooklyn and Brian got Vinny alone to tell him their plan.

"You want me to be a witness at your secret wedding? Today?" Vinny asked.

"It's not secret, just think of it as you're the only one invited." Brooklyn joked.

"Okay, sure. I got nothing better to do today."

"Thanks man. I'm glad you'll be a part of it." Brian patted him on the back.

"You're like really excited to marry my sister, if she's forcing you to do this just blink."

"Fuck off this was actually Brian's idea." Brooklyn said.

"Really? So where are we doing this?"

"At the courthouse. We have all the documents, we just need to fill out some paperwork, pay the fee, and get married."

"Wow, who knew it was that easy to get married." Vinny said.

"Yeah we should probably get down there, I'm ready to do this." Brian said.

They all rode down to the courthouse and did a lot of waiting, reading and signing papers, and dealing with bland courthouse workers. Finally the time came for them to tie the knot.

They stood by each other in front of the minister while Vinny sat and watched.

"Do you Brian take Brooklyn to be your lawfully wedded wife, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health?"

"I do." Brian smiled.

"And do you Brooklyn take Brian to be your lawfully wedded husband, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health?"

"I do." She said.

"Then by the power vested in my by God and the state of New Jersey, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may seal your union with a kiss."

Brian and Brooklyn kissed each other and Vinny started to clap.

"Woohoo, husband and wife! You're screwed for life!" He cheered.

"Fuck off!" Brooklyn laughed.

They left the courthouse and Brian smiled the whole way home. When they arrived back at the house, they couldn't contain the news.

"Ma, they have something to tell you." Vinny said to their mother.

"Uh oh, what other news can there be?" Her mother asked worriedly.

"We just got married." Brooklyn said.

"Are you serious? Oh my god, I wanted to be there. But congratulations." She hugged them. "Brian you're finally my son in law."

"Can I call you Ma now?" He laughed.

"Of course, maybe just don't call my husband dad." She laughed.

The rest of the day was spent celebrating, eating, and then packing.

Brian was so happy that they were married, he couldn't wait to go back to Florida to tell his friends. Brooklyn was ready to have her baby, pregnancy was a lot for her and she was ready for it to be over.