29

The next morning on her way to school Brooklyn was once again stopped by Reid.

"Hey Brooklyn, are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"I thought about it and decided I'm not mad at you. He probably manipulated you anyway."

"Oh you decided you're not mad at me? How convenient because I didn't do anything wrong."

"Did he hurt you?" Reid tried to move Brooklyn's hair back.

"What?" She swatted his hand away.

"Last I heard he was abusive, then I go to your place and you're both shutting the door in my face. Did he put you up to it? Did he make you kick me out?"

"Of course not. I just didn't want to see you."

"Brooklyn don't do this. You're shutting out the wrong guy. Don't let him put ideas into your head. You're really gonna let a man who abused you back into your life and convince you that I'm the bad guy?" Reid whined.

"How dare you suggest that I can't think for myself? I don't need Brian to tell me who is and isn't good for me. I can figure that out on my own."

"If that were true you wouldn't let him back in. Why are you doing this Brooklyn?"

"I don't know, Reid. He was a lot better to me yesterday than you were."

"When have I ever hurt you? He fucking hit you Brooklyn. What's not clicking?"

She ignored him.

"You can end this, he doesn't control you."

"I know that." She went into the building where her class was expecting to lose Reid but he kept following her. "What are you gonna follow me to class?"

"If that's what it takes for you to listen to me."

"Stop following me Reid, this conversation is over." She quickened her pace, rushing past people in the hallway. She reached the doorway of her classroom and turned to him. "Do not follow me in here." She entered the classroom.

Reid followed her and sat in the desk next to hers.

"What did I fucking tell you?" She whispered.

"Brooklyn you have to listen to me."

"I don't have to do anything. What you have to do is leave." She said sternly.

"Not until you listen."

They were interrupted by one of Brooklyn's classmates. "Hey dude you're in my seat."

"Sorry." Reid stood up. "I'll talk to you after class."

"No you won't." She said back to him and he left.

After Brooklyn's classes she rushed to her car to avoid Reid. He jogged to catch up with her.

"Take a fucking hint Reid. Leave me alone."

"Brooklyn just hear me out. I'll leave you alone just listen to me."

She stopped. "Quickly."

"I can't stop you from seeing him but please, just be careful. I don't want to see you hurt, and I don't understand why you would give him the chance to do that again. Just don't trust him, okay? Don't let him hurt you again."

"I got it. If he does then it's over. He says he's different and I'm going to give him a chance to prove it."

"You really think he's gonna give up drugs for you? That's not how it works Brooklyn, he'll relapse, they always do. I just know he's gonna hurt you again Brooklyn. Just please don't let him change you."

She started walking again. "Jesus Christ. You've made your point, Reid. I know."

"Then you know I'm only looking out for you. I care about you and I don't want him to hurt you."

"I never asked you to care." She got into her car, slammed the door and drove away.

When she got back to her apartment building she went to Brian's apartment instead of hers.

"Hey." He opened the door and smiled.

She leapt toward him. She began kissing him, leading him backward to his bedroom.

"Brook, what are you doing?" He laughed.

"Whatever I want." She answered.

"As fucking fun as that sounds, are you sure about this?" He pulled back. "I thought you wanted to wait."

"Shut up and fuck me."

"Say no more." He smirked.