20 // fights & bacon

I stepped out of my cabin. I woke up a little late so by the time I had managed to pull a shirt over my head, Laura and Hayley had ran off to reserve our groups usual table.

I had already explained how I wouldn't be joining them for breakfast because of Luke.

They both gave me evil looks telling me how this wouldn't be good for my recently started relationship with Ashton. But, it's not like Luke and I were having sex or getting married. No. We were just talking about our friendship.

Ashton would be upset I'm guessing but Luke is my friend. Ashton is the one I want.

I was so preoccupied with my friends and activities that I never even made it to the laundry cabin yet. I had no intentions of actually dressing up so I walked over to the increasing pile of clothes and grabbed the jean shorts I wore yesterday. I didn't care.

I lazily brushed out my hair and quickly brushed my teeth before slipping my shoes on and grabbing my cabin key.

As I turned to lock the door, I saw someone standing in front of the steps. None other than Ashton Irwin himself.

"Hello." I have a small awkward wave as I struggled with my keys.

"Morning." He said nodding his head in my direction.

I honestly didn't think he'd come get me this morning. He usually knocks on my door and waits eagerly until we're ready. Today it was different.

I trudged down the steps one by one to join Ashton by his side. He didn't even take my hand like he has since last week or grabbed my wrist.

We just walked in silence until I decided to speak up.

"Ashton."

"Hmm?" He hummed looking up from his phone.

"I'm sorry if you're pissed at the Luke situation but, he's just strictly a friend. You're the one I want to be with. I would never go back with him. He's a better friend. When I dated him, he instantly became cocky. It doesn't help that he is a flirty guy in general." I said breathing out.

"Why would you want to be friends with a guy like that?" Ashton questioned.

"He's nice when you get under his skin. He's trustworthy and a good guy overall. If you got to know him, I'm sure you'd like him." I said with a weak smile. Ashton stepped further away for me so now I couldn't even hold his hand if I was in the mood.

"No. I don't want to be his friend. I don't even want you being his friend." Ashton furrowed his eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" I said in a serious tone.

"What?" He said lazily pulling out his phone typing away at the screen.

"Just because you're my boyfriend now doesn't mean you can tell me who I can and can't be friends with." I said stopping in my tracks. I tried to hide a smirk at the title 'boyfriend' and managed.

"Yeah, and because you're my girlfriend means you stay loyal. You don't go hitting up ex boyfriends or talking to them like you do to me." He yell-whispered back.

"Holy shit." I said attaching my hand to my forehead. "Fucking look at us Ashton. We haven't even been together 24 hours and we're already fighting." I whispered for only us to hear.

"It's a couple thing. Everyone does it. Better get use to it, princess." He said emotionless walking into the mess hall.

He walked towards our table where Michael had his head down probably from lack of sleep. Calum was rubbing his temples looking like he had a headache. I'm not sure if it was because he has insomnia and it's lack of sleep or it's because of Hayley's rambling.

"And so some kid took a massive shit in the outhou- Oh look! It's the beautiful couple!" Hayley chirped interrupting herself.

"Hey guys." I said talking a piece of bacon from Laura's plate not bothering to sit next to Ashton. I acted like we weren't just fighting two seconds who.

"Laura, why did you get bacon? You hate it." I said taking another strip.

"I know you love it though." She said handing me the napkin with bacon.

"Well, I'm off." I said slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Michael asked perking his head up.

"I'm going to eat breakfast with my friend, Luke." I said turning to see him alone in the back only hearing whispers from my table.

The last thing I saw was an eye roll from Ashton.

>>

{A/N} my story is almost at 1K reads. I feel accomplished some how even though it's not that much. Keep commenting on your favourite parts and voting ♡

Comment from here where you found my fanfic :)