37 // daddies & canoes

As I looked around, I became very observant of a few things.

Luke has not been spotted in the mess with his regular group of friends. I wouldn't like to see him but something in the back of my mind would just wishing he would show up. I wonder if he would apologize for being stupid and un fair.

"Michael, what the fuck?" Hayley sighed pulling her hand away from the bowl in front of him.
"First off, it isn't even 9:00 and you brought the chips from your cabin. Very bad idea because I wanted some but every time I go for one, you sprinkle whatever is on your hands back into the bowl. That's gross." Hayley said poking him in the centre of his chest.

"C'mon, Hayley. It's a turn on. You love it." He said winking in her direction only making her cheeks a light shade of pink.

"So." Ashton started off. "It's not long until we go home you guys." He announced intwining his long fingers with mine reading invisible patterns into my thigh.

"I do admit, despite the hatred towards some of your..odd habits..Michael..I will miss you losers." I said smiling around the circle.

"On the bright side, we all live relatively close to eachother. I mean, we won't see each other like this every day but hanging out will be pretty nice."

"I think I need to call my dad. He needed to talk to me about something for my mom's birthday coming up when I go back home." Hayley said tucking out her chair walking towards the exit.

"Shit, yeah. I need to call my daddy too." I said taking my phone out of my pocket.

Ashton suddenly shifted uncomfortably in his seat coughing a few times.

"Uh, you okay over there, Ash?" Calum asked raising his eyebrows towards the squirmy boy.

"Uh..fine I just..sorry, Em..what was that you said?" He asked raising his eyes to me.

"I have to call my daddy?" I said with what I assume looked like a very confused look plastered on my face.

"Oh! Nice. uh-I'll be back.." Ashton stated quickly standing up not bothering to look our way. He ran straight for the washrooms.

"That was odd." Michael said taking the last bite of his apple.

-

The morning basically consisted of awkward sciences between the table and Hayley, Calum and Michael saying they wanted to get more canoe time. We gladly let them go.

Ashton and I were slowly walking hand in hand to his cabin when he stopped abruptly.

"Em?" he questioned.

"Ashton?" I answered.

"Wh-what happens after this? Will you spontaneously lose contact with me after Camp is over? I couldn't. I don't wanna leave you and Michael and Cal and Hayley. I want to stay here." he said looking down at our connected hands.

"Babe, I promise, it'll stay the same. Obviously highschool will be a little obstacle but this isn't good-bye. I'm never gonna let you go. Please don't worry about this." I said giving him a small smile.

I stood on my tippy toes to plant a small kiss on his lips.

"You're the greatest, you know?" he whispered.

"I know." I said smiling.

>>

{A/N holy shit over 16K reads! I hope you guys like the story. Your comments are my favourite thing in the world. even if you wanna go back to your favourite parts and leave comments that's be so cool! Love you guys to the moon and back. any suggestions for next chapter? Let me know!}

PS, I didn't think anyone would actually read my story so some of you know my name is Hayley and yes, I didn't really click that it would matter but whatever lmao.