chapter one

Mackenzie's pov:

I wake up to the sound of my alarm beeping. I roll over and click the button on my phone to turn the alarm off. I get up out of bed and start to get ready for school. I pick out grey sweatpants with a white adidas t-shirt and my all black adidas sneakers. I pulled my hair up into a high pony tail and grabbed my school backpack. I walked downstairs and was greeted by my mother in the kitchen at the dining table reading the newspaper.

mackenzie: “good morning mom”

she looked up and smiled when she saw me.

melissa: “morning kenzie. are you ready for school yet?”

I nodded my head while i grabbed a apple from the kitchen and walked outside to my moms car. I hopped in the backseat and go on my phone. about 15 minutes later we made our way to the highway and I was texting my best friend Lauren Orlando about how much I hated school.

melissa: “mackenzie?

mackenzie: “yes, mother?

melissa: “can you check to see if me phone is in my purse?

mackenzie: “sure”

I searched through my mom's purse looking for her phone. I finally found it and tried handing it to her. I looked out the right window and saw a car approaching our car at a very fast increasing speed.

mackenzie: “MOM!”.

I covered my head with my hands and screamed loudly. everything went black. all I can hear a loud beeping noise and the sound of police cars in the distance. i open my eyes and notice that I'm on the highway pavement, laying on the ground faced down.

I see my phone a couple of feet away from me. I try to use my arms to army crawl myself over to my phone. I was getting closer and closer to my phone. I reached my arm out to grab it but the world went black.

Greg's pov:

during work I get a call from the hospital informing me that my wife Melissa and my step daughter mackenzie have been in a car accident. I leave work asap and make my way to the hospital.

I walked into the hospital room and Melissa is sitting in a chair with a sling on her arm and stitches on her forehead. mackenzie is laying in the hospital bed unconscious.

____________________________________

{397 words}

thank you so much for reading.

vote and comment for another chapter.