chapter two

Greg's pov:

I sit down in the chair next to melissa. I glance over at mackenzie. her face was bruised up quite a bit and her bottom lip was cut open. she had multiple machines hooked up to her small body. her gorgeous long brown hair was all knotted up. her face was very pale. I look over to melissa who is sitting next to me who was looking down at the floor.

I gently grab her chin and tilt her head up. a tear rolls down her cheek. I frowned and pulled her into a hug. she sobbed on my shoulder while I look at mackenzie's monitor that says her hearts pulse.

melissa: “greg I'm so sorry. I should've left the house later”

greg: “mel, please don't blame yourself for this. it's not your fault”

melissa didn't say anything back to me. I glanced back down at the floor until I hear a light knock at the door. it was a doctor.

doctor h:may I speak to melissa please?

she quietly got up from the chair and walked out into the hospital hallway with the doctor. I started to fidget with both of my hands.

Melissa's pov:

I walked out in the hallway with the doctor and waited for her to speak.

doctor h: “mackenzie is in a coma. when she flew out of the car she hit the pavement very hard. she's lucky she didn't injure her skull”

melissa: “thank you for informing me doctor. may I ask if sure can still hear?

doctor h:mackenzie can infact still hear. talking to her will most likely make her want to fight harder to get out of this coma”

melissa:thank you for telling me”

I walk back into the hospital room and text my close friend meredith orlando.

\text convo\

Melissa- hey Mer, are you busy?

Meredith- I'm not busy at the moment, what's up?

Melissa- can you come to the hospital? *sends address*

Meredith- sure thing. can I bring John and Laur?

Melissa- of course, see you soon

\end of text convo\

I put my phone back in my purse and look at greg's phone.

melissa: “greg who are you texting?

greg:I'm texting my boss”

melissa: oh sorry. do you need to go back to work?

greg: “I do. I will come visit later tonight after work”

I watched him stand up out of the chair. he kissed me cheek and walked out of the room. I moved my chair closer to the bed and held mackenzie's left hand. I heard my phone go off and checked who it was. I looked at the text message and read it. meredith asked me to meet her on the first floor of the hospital.

I close the door and walked down the hallway towards the elevator. I pressed the down button and waited for the doors to open. about a few minutes later, I arrived at the first floor and waited for meredith.

Lauren's pov:

I was chilling in my room when my mom said that melissa and mackenzie were in the hospital. I quickly grabbed my phone and put my shoes on and left with my brother johnny and my mom. we made our way to the hospital and waited for melissa on the first floor. I spotted melissa and walked over to her.

lauren: “hi mommy mel”

I pulled her into a hug trying to be careful so I wouldn't hurt her injured arm.

melissa: “hi lauren, you and johnny can go up to mackenzie's room. it's on the fourth floor room 114”

johnny: “thank you melissa. come on lauren”

____________________________________

{606 words}

thank you so much for reading.

vote and comment for another chapter.