chapter twenty six

mackenzies pov:

I made myself breakfast and turned on the TV in my room. I put the show riverdale on while I cleaned my room. I cleaned my entire room, including my bathroom. my room looks way better now. for the rest of the time that everyone was at school I binged watched riverdale on netflix.

       I checked my phone a few times and most of the messages were from people at school being cold hearted bitches and harassing me for not going to school today. I ignored them until I started getting phone calls from random phone numbers. I turned my phone off and got out of bed. I walked over to my closet and looked for a certain hoodie. it's a light blue hoodie that johnny gave me and won't let me return it.

I walked out of my room down the hall to maddies room. I opened the door and walked to her dresser. I opened the second to top drawer hoping to find the hoodie. I looked through it and closed the drawer when I was done looking for the hoodie. I slowly walked out of her room and back into mine. I walked over to here my phone was and turned it on. I unlocked it and opened the settings. I put my phone on do not disturb and clicked on indtsgram. my dms and comment section were overflowing with hateful things.

I clicked on the most recent dm coversation from lily chee. I scrolled up to the first mesage and read all the messages from first to last. she called me horrific names that you should never say to another person, no matter what they did to you. I looked through all of the messages and comments that people from school left on my personal account. as some more comments rolled in, tears brimmed my eyes. I logged out of my account and turned off do not disturb.

I set my phone down on my bed and pulled my knees to my chest. I silently sobbed into my knees. my phone went off after a minute of crying into my knees. i wiped my eyes with my sleeves and checked my phone. it was a text message from johnny. i read the text message out loud to myself.

mackenzie: "hey kenz, I've seen the comments people left on your account and I'm coming over to check on you in a few minutes".

I rolled my eyes at the message and opened snapchat. I looked through some peoples stories from school and saw a video. it was from the night of the party, nadia, lily, and maisy attacking me in the parking lot. after seeing that video on multiple peoples stories, I threw my phone across my room and ran into my bathroom. I scrambled through the cabinets looking for something sharp.

______________________________________

{480 words}

thank u so much for reading

vote & comment for more.