chapter nine

lauren's pov:

I knocked on the door. I heard melissa say come in. I opened the door and I made eye contact with her. I ran inside the room and hugged mackenzie very tightly.

mackenzie: “lauren... I need to breathe please”.

lauren: “oops, sorry”.

melissa and johnny laughed.

I pulled out of the hug and looked at her. she doesn't look as pale as she used to be and her face isn't busted up anymore. I looked at Johnny who was looking down at mackenzie.

lauren: “hey kenz, do you know when you are getting released from the hospital?”

mackenzie: “i don't have a clue”.

I was about to respond to mackenzie but there was a knock and a doctor entered the room.

doctor h: “we need to run a few tests on mackenzie to make sure she can leave soon”.

melissa: “how long will the tests take?”

doctor h: “not very long. you guys can come back at noon. she will be ready then”.

melissa: “oh, okay”.

everyone gathered their belongings and left the room. we walked out of the hospital.

lauren: “do you guys want to go shopping at the mall near by?”

meredith: “yeah, what about you melissa?”

melissa: “alright”.

\12:01 pm\

we arrived back at the hospital and went to mackenzie's room. we all entered the room and the room was empty. mackenzie wasn't in sight.

lauren: “mackenzie?”

johnny: “I'll check the bathroom”.

I watched him open the bathroom door and there she was washing her hands in the sink. I chuckled.

lauren: “you kind of scared me kenzie”.

mackenzie: “I'm sorry lolo, I love you though”.

lauren: “love you too, idiot”.

she laughed and walked out of the bathroom and Johnny followed her.

johnny: “we bought you a outfit at the mall while we were there. go change so you don't have to wear that ugly hospital gown”.

she grabbed the clothes out of johnny's hands and walked back into the bathroom. a few minutes later she walked out of the bathroom in the outfit.

 a few minutes later she walked out of the bathroom in the outfit

it was simple and cute. she had her hair up in a high ponytail.

mackenzie: “i want to get out of here so fucking bad”.

melissa: “mackenzie! language please”.

Johnny and I laughed.

we checked around the room and bathroom to make sure no one left anything behind before we left the room. mackenzie and melissa walked to the nurse's desk to get her discharged from the hospital.

my mom, johnny and I walked outside and waited in the car for them to come outside. about ten minutes later they walked outside of the hospital doors. melissa walked to her car which was a few parking spaces away while mackenzie walked over to the passenger side of the car where I was sitting in front I rolled down the window and smiled.

mackenzie: “do you want to have a sleepover tomorrow night?”

lauren: “i would love too. at my house?”

mackenzie: “text me later”.

she turned around and started walking to melissa's car. I rolled up my window and waited for my mom to be ready to drive home.

____________________________________

{521 words}

thank you so much for reading.

vote & comment for another chapter.