chapter ten

mackenzie's pov:

I just arrived at my house from the hospital. I opened the car door and walked down the driveway to the front porch. I took my mom's keys and put the key into the key hole. I twisted the key and opened the door. my dog maliboo ran over to me and sniffed my feet. i bent down and petted her. she licked my hands. I walked into the kitchen and set the keys on the kitchen island.

greg: “melissa?”

I walked into the living room and looked at my step father. he was reading a book on the sofa.

mackenzie: “nope, it's me”.

he immediately looked up from the book and ran over to me. he embraced me into a hug. I hugged him back while he lightly sobbed into my shoulder.

mackenzie: “don't cry”.

greg: “I'm glad your okay mack”.

mackenzie: “I am too”.

greg: “go upstairs into your room and watch netflix or something. I will call you down for dinner”.

mackenzie: “alright. I love you greg”.

greg: “i love you too mack”.

I walked ot out the living and walked upstairs. my bedroom door was open and noticed maliboo jumped onto my bed.

mackenzie: “well someone must be tired”.

I walked over to my bed and gently petted the top of maliboo's head. I looked around my room and everything looked the same. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed black adidas sweatpants and a light pink hoodie. I walked into my bathroom and got ready for a shower.

thirty minutes later I walked out of my bathroom and sat down in the chair at my desk. my mom put my new phone that was still in the box on my desk while I was in the shower. I opened the box and took the phone out. it was beautiful. I really do owe Johnny a lot for it.

for the next hour I set the phone up and download all of the socials. Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and Pinterest. I opened Snapchat and logged in. I still had all of my streaks. lauren must have kept them while I was in the coma. I opened all of the snaps and decided to post on my public story.

 I opened all of the snaps and decided to post on my public story

alot of people replied to it and I responded back to them. I exchanged phone numbers with my friends and set my phone down on my desk. I stood up and walked over to my night stand. I grabbed my laptop and plugged it in so I could watch netflix later tonight. I exited my room and walked down the hall to Maddie's old room. I opened the door and looked around. her room was clean and I walked inside. I walked over to her dresser and looked at the pictures she had of us.

 I walked over to her dresser and looked at the pictures she had of us

melissa: “mackenzie?”

mackenzie: “I'm in Maddie's room mom!”

I turned around and she was standing in the door frame.

melissa: “what are you doing in here?”

mackenzie: “just looking around”.

melissa: “we ran out of milk so I have to go buy more. do you want anything from the store”.

mackenzie: “i don't think so”.

melissa: “I'll be back soon”.

she walked away and out the front door. I walked back into my room and sat on my bed. I heard my phone go off so I got up to see who it was. johnny was trying to FaceTime me. I accepted the FaceTime.

mackenzie: “hi john what's up?”.

Johnny: “nothing much, I'm bored so I thought I would face time you”.

mackenzie: “oh, you could've watched a movie or something”.

johnny: “that sounds boring”.

mackenzie: “well I'm sorry that you're bored”.

I walked out of my room and went downstairs into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. the doorbell rang and I heard Greg get up.

mackenzie: “I'll get it!”

I walked over to the front door and opened it. a blonde girl was standing in front of me. I dropped my phone from being shocked.

mackenzie: “m-addie?”

____________________________________

{675 words}

thank you so much for reading.

vote & comment for another chapter.