chapter seventeen

brooke's pov:

\10:21 pm\

it's been two days since maddie got caught and was arrested by the police. she got out yesterday and texted me. she said that mackenzie and her friend lauren orlando are still out there.

paige, kendall, nia, and I have been waiting for them to arrive. no one knows if they got caught or they are still out there by themselves.

the girls and I started to get ready for bed. kendall and nia already fell asleep in their rooms of our apartment. I was in the kitchen putting the leftovers from dinner in the fridge. the doorbell rang.

brooke: “paige, can you get it please?”

paige: “yeah, hold on”.

she paused the show that she was watching and walked to the door. she unlocked the door and opened it.

paige: “uhh brooke”.

brooke: “paige who is it?”

paige: “you should come look for yourself”.

I walked out of the kitchen and over to the door. my jaw dropped. it was mackenzie and lauren. they were covered in dirt and shivering. I hugged mackenzie and let them come inside.

brooke: “kenz you can use the shower in my bathroom”.

paige: “lauren you can use my shower”.

lauren followed paige into her room.

mackenzie: “im gonna go shower, I will answer your questions after”.

I locked the apartment door and sat on the couch. paige walks out of her room and sat on the couch next to me.

brooke: “how's lauren?”

paige: “she's a really nice girl. I don't know much about her but she seems like a good person. maybe we should get to know her more”.

brooke: “she will be more comfortable with us if we bond with her”.

paige: “true. you should call Maddie and tell her that they are safe”.

brooke: “I will, don't worry about it”.

paige: “I'm gonna go check on Lauren”.

I grabbed my phone off of the coffee table and unlocked it. I found maddie's contact.

\text convo\

hey mads I just wanted to tell you that kenz & lauren made it here safely.

thank God. I've been worried sick. tysm for letting me know. I'm leaving tomorrow and coming back & I'm bringing Lauren's brother Johnny. don't tell them I want it to be a nice surprise.

alright. see you then. love you!

I love you too! goodnight.

goodnight.

\end of text convo\

I set my phone down and looked at the tv. mackenzie walked out of my room with a towel wrapped around her body.

mackenzie: “can I borrow maddie's clothes?”

brooke: “yeah that's fine. I just talked to her”.

mackenzie: “oh, okay. I'll be right back”.

she turned around and walked into maddie's room. a few minutes later she walked out with a hoodie and black leggings.

she walked over to the couch and sat down next to me.

mackenzie: “so what did you want to talk about?”

brooke: “i just wanted to catch up with you that's all”.

mackenzie: “oh okay”.

brooke: “maddie told me you were in the hospital for two weeks what happened?”

she sighed and looked down at her hands.

mackenzie: “my mom and I were in a car accident when I was on the way to school. I ended up flying out of the vehicle and I was in a coma for two weeks”.

brooke: “wow kenz... I'm so sorry”.

mackenzie: “don't be. Johnny helped wake up”.

I noticed her cheeks turning a shade of red.

brooke: “someone has a little crush”.

mackenzie: “stop. he definitely doesn't like me. how could he? I'm not even pretty”.

brooke: “kenz-”.

I was interupted by Paige running  out of her room squealing with joy.

brooke: “paige what the fuck is your problem?”

paige: “lauren was talking about Johnny has a huge crush on kenzie”.

____________________________________

{630 words}

thank you so much for reading.

please vote & comment for another chapter