Chapter 1 STUPID BOYS

Chapter 01

STUPID BOYS

Annabeth

Finally. No monsters, no angry gods, no terrifying giants. None. Just me and Percy. The waves of New York Sound roared in my ears. The gentle breeze tousled his hair and made it look perfect without him actually trying. It was so unfair it made me feel like sighing. My  hair hadn’t seen a brush for days, maybe even weeks. All of the monster chasing had paid off with this moment, though. Some random god must have been blessing us with this moment, or maybe they were just so busy doing other things that they forgot that they wanted to ruin our lives. Poseidon and Athena must be on good terms or something because normally this would NOT have been allowed. Oh, why does my mother have to be so brilliant? Why did she have to beat Poseidon in that stupid contest for Athens? Seriously! Nevermind. It wasn’t worth the thought. Percy squeezed my hand lightly.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“I know.”

A hippocampi leaped across the setting sun, casting a rainbow just for us.

“Do you remember Paris?” I pondered out loud.

“Of course.” Percy’s eyes sparkled that deep sea green sparkle that made me fall for him in the first place.

“Today is-”

“Ok whatever it was, I didn’t remember it so prepare yourself.” He flashed his gorgeous crooked smile.

“That’s not going to work.”

“What? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“That face. It’s not gonna work!”

“Oh, but it already is…” He smirked.

“Jerk.” I  pulled him into a kiss. Even if the earth opened up and we fell into Tartarus I wouldn’t have cared. This moment was so perfect that nothing could possibly tear me away from Percy.

“Eww! You guys are so disgrosseding!” a voice snickered.

I practically jumped half a mile. “UGH!!! Leo Valdez! I am gonna KILL you!!!!”  I raced to her feet, hauling the bewildered Percy with me.

“I will DESTROY you!!!” I knew I was causing a scene all across Camp Half-Blood, but I didn’t care. Leo had destroyed one of the best moments in my life and he was going to pay for that.

Leo was practically an orange blur that apparently set itself on fire, because wherever he stepped a patch of burnt grass would follow. Percy was still being dragged behind me and he still hadn’t said anything at all, which was odd for a super ADHD boy. I glanced back.

“STOLL BROTHERS!!!!!!!!” I screamed because instead of my boyfriend in tow I was dragging one of the arena dummies. “STUPID BOYS!!!!!” I threw the dusty dummy on the ground, shaking out a few pieces of straw that got stuck in my beehive of a hair-doo. I scanned the strawberry fields and dared those boys to expose themselves. However, no luck. Where in Olympus was Percy? I was holding his warm strong hand only a few moments ago and then I realized that I was really holding a stupid dummy. Those boys were going to pay for this. I listened and then detected a person trying to keep from laughing. I creeped around acting all casual and then sprinted toward the Big House, ripped around the corner, and glared straight into the eyes of the most annoying Hermes boys I had ever met and the blazing fire boy- Leo. Jeez! Those boys needed a serious lesson on stealth.

“WHERE IS HE???” I screamed.

“Who?” they said in unison and then ran around the other end of The Big House laughing like lunatics. I swore in Greek and raced after them, but head butted Juniper who squealed and fell backwards on top of Grover, who also cursed in Greek.