Chapter 16 Gwen is Tortured With Mascara

Chapter 16

Gwen is Tortured With Mascara

Gwen

Why in Hade’s name is I  back? Piper was dabbing my face like no tomorrow. Well actually….there may not be a tomorrow...so..nevermind that. Piper had come at the break of dawn to do what I  called ‘miracles’ which apparently my meant that I  would be completely unrecognizable when Piper was done. Man this girl went heavy on the makeup!

“This is so not cool.” I squirmed, trying to get away from Piper.

“I have to fix you!” She insisted running my  fingers through my hair. It was like having an older sister...definitely not cool. I didn’t like being touched. Not one bit.

“Stop touching me!”

“Whatever! I’m making you pretty!” Piper shook her head in dismay, “Boy do I have a lot of work to do.”

“Curse you.” I  mumbled. “I don’t need to be pretty.”

“In my book you do….hmmm….” Piper twisted her finger through her own hair, “What should we do about erm….your condition?”

“Nothing.”

“Nothing!?” Piper seemed appalled, “I’m sure the doctors can help you!”

“I’m a stage four, girly! There is nothing I can do anymore. I am a terminal patient. All they could do is put me  in a home before I croak.” I  shrugged but my  heart ached thinking about it. The waterworks from last night flooded my memory like the tears that I had cried.

Piper cleared her throat to keep from crying again, “I’m sorry…..I can’t do your hair….it’ll fall out for sure..” She sounded so miserable.

“I know what we could do. But you’ll have to help me. I can’t do it by myself.” I  hated this. Piper was so nice and did everything to deal with me not being a socialite. I  hated doing this, but I  knew that the time had come. It would all fall out eventually.

“What? You don’t mean….”

“Yeah. I’m ready to cut it off.”

“But-”

“I can wear a wig or something but it can’t be a bad one like on those tv shows.” I  ran my  fingers through my hair and a chunk of my hair came out in my palm. Without warning Piper leaned forward and hugged me.

“You must be so strong.” Piper turned and walked back to the cabin.

I didn’t know what to make of that but I  ran my  fingers through my  hair and more clumps fell out. Pulling out  my  hair wasn’t painful like it should be. There was just a faint pulling sensation and then my  hair fell away from my  head. Fragile and easy to remove. If I wanted to there would be no need to shave my  head but I  wasn’t sure if I would be able to persevere through the process. No girl should have to go through pulling out her own hair, after all it was my most beautiful quality in my opinion. Well at least N. D.  didn’t think that. Crap! I  thought about him again. I  really needed him out of my  head. He had broken my heart after all. I  would never let anyone alter me again.

“Yoo hoo? You in there, Gwen?” Piper waved her  hand in front of my  face, “Why are you grimacing?” Oh. I was doing that again? Man! I turned down the glare, “You remind me of Annabeth, you know?”

“Who’s she?”

“She’s one of my best friends. Annabeth ’s a great person. She’s more serious and a really strong person. I admire her almost more than anything.” She blushed. I hated when that happened. N. D. would have said something like that. DANG IT!!! I  did it again! Curse you  for gett’n in my head!