Chapter 28 First Impressions

• Dedicated to Those Who Strive For Their Heroes To Be Happy This is For You

Chapter 28

First Impressions

Emma

I am so busy! Ugh, I have little time to spare and it is seriously making me grumpy. Which is very unlike me. Leo is so happy with Frank and Hazel around now. I just still don’t know where I fit in with all of these people. I feel like I’m a friend, but I’m still not sure.

I gathered my sword, Fo̱s tou fengarioú, Moonlight in Greek. I loved it. I was guessing it was a gift from my mom, I found it next to my stuff on my third day of camp. It was long and slender, the grip was designed to fit my palm, and it had a bright shimmer to it’s unknown metal. I had no problem figuring out the name of my new weapon, it’s name was written on the side in Ancient Greek, which was surprisingly easy to read. I’ve been using it to practice at Sword Fighting, I still have scratches and bruises everywhere, but according to spectators, I’m getting better, I’m not sure if that’s just sympathy or actual truth.

I dumped my armor by the armory, the smell of pizza wafting from the Dining Hall. I almost jogged towards the promises of food, my calves complained and I was forced to fast walk. I ran into Percy and Annabeth on the way,

“Oh yes, they made pizza today!” Percy rubbed his hands together in anticipation. Annabeth rolled her eyes,

“You eat pizza everyday, what the difference today?”

“Who cares? Pizza is boss!” I laughed at Percy. He was such a guy, always excited about his next meal, and a huge supporter of pizza everywhere. We made it the Dining Hall. The harpies had set up picnic tables around the hall because now we had so many Romans to take care of too. Annabeth waved frantically towards Hazel and Frank who were sitting with Leo and the new girl in the Athena cabin. I’d seen Leo talking to her but I couldn’t remember what her name was.

I zoned out for a second and ran into someone, “Oh my gods, I’m so sorry.” A girl with black hair and blue eyes gave me a small sideways smile. She had spilled her food all over herself,

“It’s okay, I hated this shirt anyway. Autumn made me wear it. You’re going to have to apologize to her, not me.”

“Who’s-”

“Wait for it.” She held up one finger and and counted off 1..2..3...4-

“WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?!” An asian girl ran over and looked over the girl’s outfit, “I KNIT THAT YOU KNOW?” She glared at me,

“Whoa...um...I’m so sorry, it was an accident, I promise.” Whoa this girl was high strung. She huffed but then laughed,

“Oh my gods you thought I was serious? Like I can knit? Heh heh, you crack me up.” She looked back at the other girl, “Can we keep her, please, please, please, Ana?” Yep, definitely nuts. “Hey can we sit with you? We’re kind of clueless here, newbies if you will.” Ana motioned to Autumn’s head and mouthed: SHE’S CRAAAZY!! I laughed at Ana. Autumn raised an eyebrow and looked at Ana in suspicion. “Sorry, I’m Autumn and this is Anastasia….I’m forgetting something,” Autumn muttered, “Oh yeah, we’re unclaimed. Those Hermes guys were really rude when we told them that we had no clue who our godly parents are.”

“It’s okay, you guys can come sit with me.” They made for good conversation after all. I showed them to way to the table where the Seven were sitting, a new girl came to sit by them, oh, I think I remember her, her name was Gwen. She was grumpy. Not much else I can think of off the top of my head. Autumn offered to go and get Anastasia more lunch, and turned and left. Reyna, I think was pacing near their table, she sure is a stick in the mud. Autumn came back with Anastasia’s food, seafood pasta and something else I couldn’t figure out. Ana muttered her thanks and sat down with Autumn at the table.