Chapter 13 Oh By The Way She's Bipolar

Chapter 13

Oh And By The Way She’s Bipolar

Leo

Curse my supernatural powers! I thought, I can’t even afford to buy anymore!!! It seemed like everyday I was guaranteed that I would burn my camp shirt! Now all I had left was the Camp Jupiter t-shirt that Jason bought me for my 16th birthday. I refused to wear it. It just wasn’t right! I was technically Greek after all.

My face was expressionless as I searched the TV guide for the stupid news channel on the ancient hospital TV.

My mission was to alert the 7. I had crossed Percy and Annabeth off my list immediately. They still hadn’t made an appearance at camp yet and no god owned up to their disappearance.

I crossed myself off the list. Yep, I feel pretty alert. Then I crossed Frank and Hazel off the list. They hadn’t disappeared. I knew exactly where they were. I missed insulting them about being Roman. Now all I had left to tease was Jason and he wasn’t nearly as fun as them.

That left both Jason and Piper. I knew they were in the hospital. Last time I saw them they looked pretty bad. Jason had a stick stuck in his gut and Piper wouldn’t stop crying in her sleep. Emma, who was also in the hospital next to Jason and Piper, looked like she was wearing gauze mittens. When I was watching her I almost laughed. She looked ridiculous with those mittens. Apparently she had burned her hands and required gauze on them but that left her with little to no dignity with those mittens on. I left before any of them could wake up. I personally wouldn’t want to be there when they woke up and the waterworks started.

“What are you doing?” Emma was standing over Piper with her arms wrapped around Piper who was shaking from crying. Jason’s machine that kept me alive was beeping the the background. A ticking noise. A calming sound.

“Alerting you.” I answered. The DITs were glaring at me as if daring me to pull anything funny. I felt like lighting my fingers on fire just to keep the DITs on their toes but I doubted that they would think that was funny. They still had the fire extinguishers in tow and I didn’t want to get sprayed even if my shirt was already destroyed, “There is something you need to see.” I turned up the volume so that everyone could hear.

There was a lady wearing a pinstriped suit and her brown hair was flying in front of her face. The camera clearly wasn’t stable but you could still understand what the lady was saying, “ Today, hundreds of sinkholes have spread throughout the U.S. There are reports that everyone in the world are experiencing this same state of emergency. Moments ago, 5 cars fell from the freeway into this newly created sinkhole,” The lady gestured to a massive hole behind her that was in the middle of the road. The camera panned out so you could see the extent of the damage. Which didn’t exactly make me feel any better. “20 U.S citizens have died yet today due to this natural disaster. “ A man with in a fireman’s uniform was lowered into the pit with a pair of wicked looking pliers, “Scientists and natural disaster specialists have told us that we shouldn’t panic and that the sinkholes will end.” There was screaming coming from the hole. Probably Gaea killing the firefighter with his own pliers. That was messed up. “Back to you Mark.” I pressed the OFF button. I knew my  friends couldn’t stand to see anymore. I glanced back at them. Emma had untangled herself from Piper and was sitting back on her hospital bed.

“What does this mean?” Her gaus mittens were pressed to her face and her cheeks puffed out in exasperation. Surprisingly she looked cute that way.

“Gaea is coming for us.” Normally Piper’s eyes changed colors to green to blue to brown but right now when we needed Piper to be happy and cheer us up her eyes were as dark as the deepest pit in Tartarus.