[Lapis Lazuli × Angry!Quiet!Reader]

This is a crappy angst one shot and you're gonna suck it up and deal with it.

I'm joking you can just skip this if you don't want to read it.

Enjoy.

"I hate you!"

They were the first words she had said to her. The first words Y/n had said to Lapis. And all because of one question.

~~~Three days earlier~~~

Lapis smiled as she saw Y/n walking up to her. They were best friends.

Lapis didn't mind her silence. It actually made things more relaxing and peaceful. They would watch sunsets together, they watched Camp Pining Hearts together, they would listen to Peridot rant, and more. Lapis loved it. It was the best thing about Earth.

Y/n waved excitedly as she approached Lapis. Already knowing what she would want, Lapis spread her wings and turned her back to Y/n. Y/n climbed onto her back, and Lapis began flying into the air.

Y/n loved flying. It was one of the reasons she loved Lapis. She had amazing abilities. She was also a very nice person, she didn't mind the fact that she didn't talk very much, and they got along well. They never had fights because Y/n was always quiet. It was the perfect relationship.

Of course, Y/n knows that Lapis is an alien and doesn't exactly know much about love other than it exists. That's why Y/n doesn't want to tell Lapis that she loves her. Because she will inevitably be rejected.

As they flew over the ocean, Lapis made lots of waves, lifted the water into the air to admire the fish, and more.

Y/n noticed a building in the distance. It wasn't exactly a building though. It had lots what Y/n knew as Warp Pads. She pointed to it, and Lapis noticed it. She frowned as they landed.

"It's... It's the Galaxy Warp." Lapis said as she looked at the large broken Warp Pad. Y/n stepped onto it and tried to activate it. She knew humans can't actually activate Warp Pads but it was worth a try. "It won't work. It's broken. Besides, humans can't activate them."

Y/n frowned sadly. This one was different. She wanted to know where it went. She looked up into the sky, wondering where it led.

"It goes to Homeworld, the planet I come from. But it's too dangerous." Lapis said. Y/n looked around at the other Warp Pads. "Those just go to different places on Earth. They made multiple so that many gems could use them instead of having to wait turns."

Lapis sat down on the steps that led to the Galaxy Warp. Y/n sat down next to her and smiled. She leaned her head on Lapis' shoulder. The two watched the sun disappear below the horizon.

"Y/n, can I ask you something?" Lapis asked. Y/n looked up at her. "Why... Why are you quiet?"

Y/n's smile disappeared as she frowned. She stood up and walked towards the edge of the platform. She looked down at the ocean.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Lapis asked as she walked up to her. She placed a hand on her shoulder. "You can tell me."

Y/n pushed her hand away and glared at her, signalling her to stop asking. Lapis ignored her signal and continued.

"You can tell me what's wrong. I'm your friend." Lapis said. Y/n shook her head and looked down, squeezing her eyes shut. Lapis placed her hand on her chin and lifted it up so she would look at her. "Please, Y/n."

Y/n pulled away and pointed out to the ocean, telling her she wanted to leave. Lapis frowned and crossed her arms.

"Y/n, do you think I won't understand? Because I will." She said. Y/n frowned and pointed out to the ocean again. Lapis glared. She lifted her hands as a wall of water surrounded the area, trapping them. Lapis looked at Y/n. "Just tell me! I'll understand!"

Y/n started backing away, not knowing the edge was right behind her. She felt the cool rush of air as she realized the wall of water was right behind her.

"Y/n, please. I'm only doing this because I want to help." Lapis said as she grabbed her hand. Y/n growled, jerking her hand away. She'd had enough.

"I hate you! You're so nosy and never mind your own business!" She shouted, shocking Lapis. Y/n realized what she said and covered her mouth. "W-Wait. I didn't mean that."

"Whatever. I'll take you home like you wanted." Lapis looked at the ground as the wall of water dropped.

"I'm sorry." Y/n said. Lapis sighed.

"Sure. Come on." She said.

~~~Present~~~

Lapis hadn't seen her after that. She figured their friendship was over. It wasn't even really a friendship to her. She liked Y/n romantically. Now she was gone.

Oh, well. It's not like she could be any more sad than she already is. She's already broken. Y/n just completely shattered her heart.

Hopefully, she could move on.

That wasn't a very good angst one shot. I could do better. But it was nice, I guess.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed.