[Enid × Reader]

Hey so the reader uses female pronouns in these oneshots so guess this is a girlxgirl oneshot. It's my first one so it'll probably be crap.

Here's a key cause I literally just realized I never gave you one.
H/c = hair color
F/n = friend's name

Anyways, enjoy.

The bell rang as the store doors opened and closed, signalling Enid someone had come in. She sighed in annoyance, setting her phone down. She looked up at the person who had walked in.

"Hi, welcome to Gar's, how can I--" Enid cut herself off as her eyes widened. She stared at the person. It was a girl about her age with the most perfect h/c hair and had such an adorable face. Enid felt something inside spark as a warm feeling filled her chest.

"Uh, hello?" The girl waved her hand in front of Enid, snapping her out of her trance.

"U-Uh..." Enid blinked, confused as to why she felt this way. "How can I help you?"

"Oh, I just need to use a phone. Mine's dead and I really need to call my friend." The girl said.

"Right... Uh, here, use mine." Enid said as she pushed her phone across the counter to the girl. She scooped it up and quickly began typing in her friend's phone number.

She held it up to her ear and waited for her friend to answer. Seconds later, she began talking.

"F/n, I need you to come get me. I don't have a ride home and it's pouring rain outside."

Enid frowned as she realized the girl was sopping wet. She must have had to walk in the rain for a while.

"Oh, you can't? So I'll have to walk home? In the rain?" The girl said as she frowned sadly, looking down at her wet clothes. She sighed. "It's fine, F/n. Don't apologize. I just hope I won't get sick. Anyways, I gotta go. Bye."

The girl ended her call with her friend and handed the phone back to Enid. Enid looked at it and back up at the girl, taking it.

"I can give you a ride." She said as she smiled. The girl's eyes widened a bit.

"Oh, no, it's okay. You're working right now. I can just walk... In the rain..." The girl looked outside. The sky suddenly lit up with lightning and thunder boomed loudly, startling her.

"You need a ride. I can take a break. C'mon." Enid walked around the counter. She grabbed her umbrella and some keys that were sitting on the counter.

She opened the umbrella and grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her under it. They walked outside. They would have been soaked immediately if not for the umbrella.

Enid led the girl to a purple van. It wasn't hers, it was Rad's. But he wouldn't mind if she borrowed it.

They sat down in the seats, Enid closing the umbrella. As she started the can, the girl looked at her and smiled.

"My name's Y/n by the way." She said. Enid looked at her and smiled back.

"That's a pretty name. Mine's Enid." She said. Y/n giggled a bit, blushing at her compliment.

"Well you have a pretty name, too." She said.

Enid turned her focus to the road. Y/n wrote her address down for Enid. She typed in the address on her phone so she could have a map.

As Enid was driving, Y/n spoke up. She sounded a bit nervous.

"So, Enid... I was wondering if maybe... We could get to know each other. You just seem like a really cool person and I'd love to be friends with you." She said.

"Just friends?" She asked, a bit sad. Although she regretted asking it because it made it sound like she wanted to date her. And she wasn't entirely sure she likes her like that because they just met.

"Do you want to be more than friends?" Y/n asked, a bit surprised. Enid frowned, furrowing her eyebrows as she blushed madly.

"U-Uh... Well... You do seem really nice. But I'm not entirely sure I like you like that. We just met." Enid said. Y/n chuckled a bit, smiling.

"I understand. You seem nice, too. I especially like your cute purple hair." Y/n said as she ruffled it a bit, causing Enid to laugh.

"Well I like your adorable face. It's just too cute not to like." Enid said as she booped Y/n's nose. Y/n's cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

"Aw, thank you." Y/n said as she grabbed Enid's hand. She suddenly felt the van stop.

"Well, we're here." Enid said as she frowned sadly. She opened the door and stepped out into the rain, opening up the umbrella. She walked over to Y/n's side and opened the door for her, letting her stand under the umbrella with her.

They walked over the front door of a house. Y/n grabbed a key under the doormat and unlocked the door. She stepped inside, holding Enid's hand and leading her in.

"Sorry it's a bit of a mess. Wasn't expecting company." Y/n apologized as she smiled a bit. Enid chuckled.

"It's fine." She said. She looked out the small window on the door. She was looking at the van. "Look, I gotta get back to work. But maybe after my shift, we can hang out."

"It's a date." Y/n said as she laughed a bit. Enid rolled her eyes, smiling.

"See you then." She said as she walked back outside, leaving.

The date went well to say the least.

I'm actually proud of this one. It's pretty good.