[Peridot × Reader]

Okay, in this one, the reader isn't very bright. I just wanted to do this one because a smart reader would have been hard for me to do seeing as how I'm not smart.

I don't mean to make anyone feel sad in this. You are smart, and don't try to tell me you're not. I'm very stubborn and I'll only argue with you about it.

Anyways, enjoy.

Peridot groaned in annoyance as she saw Y/n running up to her, waving excitedly.

Y/n was very hard to tolerate. From her awful sense of humor to how she wasn't bright at all. Peridot thought of her as what humans would refer to their own kind before they became more advanced: Caveman.

"Hi, Peridot!" Y/n excitedly greeted as she walked up to her. Peridot sighed in annoyance.

"Hello, Y/n. What do you want?" She asked in a bit of a rude tone. It didn't bother Y/n. She was used to the tone.

"I wanted to talk to you. I don't have anyone else to talk to." She said, smiling. Peridot raised an eyebrow.

"Why? Are they all busy or something?" She asked.

"No. They don't want to talk to me." Y/n answered. Her smile was still there despite the fact that this wasn't something to be happy about.

"Why not?" Peridot questioned.

"They don't really like me. So I don't usually have a lot of people to talk to. It's probably because I'm not smart." Y/n said, still smiling. Peridot furrowed her eyebrows. She always thought Y/n was oblivious to how dumb she was.

"You know you're not smart?" Peridot asked.

"Of course. I've always known. That's the reason why you're my only friend. Well, I'm not sure I should consider you a friend since you don't like me but whatever." Y/n said.

"You... Know I don't like you?" Peridot asked. She felt a little bad about it.

"Duh. It's obvious. But you're the only person who doesn't yell at me for being stupid so you're the only person I can talk to." Y/n said. Peridot noticed her smile fade a little as she looked down.

"You're... Forcing that smile, aren't you?" She asked. Y/n looked back up at her, her smile returning.

"No... Well, yeah, I am. I try not to get upset when people call me stupid. I don't want to look weak and stupid in front of people." She said. Peridot frowned sadly and walked up to her.

"I'm still learning about Earth and everything, but... I know it's okay to cry. It's okay to let out your emotions sometimes. It's essential to get on in your life. If you don't let out your emotions, you'll become sad and begin to feel useless and alone. And that doesn't always end well. You need a shoulder to cry on. And... If it makes you happy, you can cry on mine." Peridot said as she held her arms out. Y/n smiled and walked up to her, hugging her.

"I do feel better knowing you're there for me. I thought you would be just like everyone else and hate me. I'm glad you're different." Y/n said, feeling her eyes well up. She didn't try to stop herself from crying this time. She closed her eyes and let the tears stream down her face.

"I know it's hard when people think lowly of you. When I was on Homeworld, people always thought lowly of me. I didn't have a shoulder to cry on. I had to struggle to be perfect for everyone so I wouldn't be considered defective." Peridot said. Y/n sniffed.

"Would I be considered defective? You know, since I'm not smart and I can't be perfect?" She asked. Peridot was silent for a little while.

"Yes... You would have been defective in Homeworld's eyes..." Peridot said. She pulled away and looked Y/n in the eyes. "But in mine, you're perfect..."

Peridot couldn't believe she just said that. Moments ago, she wouldn't have hesitated to say that she hated Y/n, but just a few simple words changed her view of Y/n completely. It shocked her, and clearly, it shocked Y/n as well.

"You... Think I'm perfect? Even if I'm not smart?" Y/n asked. Peridot nodded.

"I can help you with that. I promise I'll help you become smart, and you'll get all the friends you deserve." She said. Y/n smiled and pulled Peridot into a bone-crushing hug.

"Thank you so much, Peridot." Y/n said. Peridot smiled and hugged her back.

"You're welcome, Y/n." She said.

I actually really like this chapter. I really relate to it because I'm not very smart at all, and I have a friend who always cheers me up.

I hope you enjoyed.