Get it off.

Lance's POV

The stinging only lasted for a while, although it hurt a lot I knew it would always end. Most of my friends had found their soulmates, that's just how the world happened to work. You find your soulmate between the ages of 15-20 and you live out the rest of your days with them, well that was how it was supposed to be anyway. I'm almost nineteen, the thought of only having a year left to find my soulmate horrifies me, some people just never get to meet them. I clenched my teeth in pain, wondering what the hell the other ring wearer was doing to it. The feeling was sharp, stung for a few moments before it happened again. My head was boiling and sweat beads trickled down my face, further adding to the fact that not only was I in pain but my soulmate was experiencing worse pain.

Clenching my hand, I threw my shirt and bottoms off, falling to the floor in frustration. I grit my teeth as I felt my knee slam into the bedside table, but at least it didn't hurt as much as my hands, which had started throbbing. The overwhelming sense of burning covered my ring finger, the feeling of skin bubbling and melting managed to become an image in my head. What the fuck were they doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keith's POV

I held the lighter below my finger, hoping for the ring to fall off. I knew that immense torture of the ring finger caused the soulmate so much pain that it fell off to avoid any pain. I clenched my eyes shut, in all honesty it felt like my finger was melting off onto the floor. My heart ached, the ring was turning bright white (pain) and I couldn't do that to them anymore. I guess I'd have to live with the stupid ring of a little while longer.

I tried to ignore the blisters bubbling up from my skin by imagining the day at school that was to come. It's my fifth school in the past two years, a record if I could say so. My older brother Shiro told me that I'd have to do homeschooling if I got kicked out one more time, and that's fine. Human interaction is a bit shit anyways.

I pushed my self up from the bathroom floor after hearing knocking coming from the other side of the door, Shiro knew I hated the ring. I unlocked it and pushed straight past him into my new bedroom. Glancing around the room I noticed just how boring the walls were and a smirk painted my face, decoration time. I grabbed a huge box and an box cutter knife, ripping open the tape and grabbing a handful of my band posters. Carefully unwrapping them, I made sure to double bubble wrap my MCR poster, Gerard Way's signature was the most precious thing in the world. Sticking a pin through the top of it into the walls, I took a few steps back, admiring the position of the poster. The window light shon brightly upon it and caused it to glow up like the masterpiece that it was.

After a while of decorating, my room was covered in band posters, hung up band shirts and fairy lights which I'd found in the basement of the house the day before. They were pretty, and it made me happy. I covered my duvet with my black and red covers and made sure to keep my heated blanket underneath it, I would get cold if I didn't have it. Slipping into my pyjamas, I sat on the edge of my bed admiring the blistering mess that had become my ring finger. I sighed heavily and grabbed my pill bottle from my bag, chugging back a few. I winced as the small pills pressed against my throat and I gulped back a bottle of water to ease the pain.

Flopping onto my bed, I couldn't help but sink into the mattress, feeling the warmth surround me I drifted into a slumber. Something which I hadn't been able to do for the past week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lance's POV

My ring had started to glow with a tiny tint of purple, easing me as I recognised the warm feeling of peace and ease that my finger was now returning to. After I'd collapsed back onto my bed after laying on the floor for what felt like hours, I tried to imagine my soulmate. I couldn't figure out whether it would be a boy or a girl, but my brain seemed to sway to more of the boy side, which made me happy either way.