Shattered.

This song is good to listen to whilst reading this chapter, it's quite sappy.

Thank you for 1k+ I cant believe people even want to read my writing aha. Love you all.
This chapter is going to be quite sad, I'm sorry.

! Mentions of domestic violence and rape!

Lance couldn't help but feel anxiety ridden as he made his way to Keith's house. He knew there would be a long conversation ahead, something just didn't feel right about it. Not once had he felt like Keith would need protecting, but for some reason that's the only thing that was bouncing around his head. Keith showed Lance what it was like to be happy, what life was like when there was even a small amount of light. He would be lost without his soulmate, the emotional distress that he received after losing connections with his siblings damaged him deeply, but Keith seemed to be the only person that could glue him back together. He squeezed the bridge of his nose slightly before making his way up Keith's front garden, eventually stopping at the front door.

Taking a breath, he composed himself slightly, flattening down his jacket before knocking twice on the door. The silence that surrounded him was comforting, and he eased slightly before the door opened. Shiro stared down at Lance, carefully examining the emotion on his face. Gesturing his arm out, Lance walked inside and heard shuffling around from upstairs.

"Keith's in his room."

Before he could even move, Lance felt a large hand on his shoulder and he turned to face the larger boy.

"Take care of him. Please." Shiro's tone of voice was strangely soft, only making Lance more anxious for the conversation ahead of him.

"I will." Smiling warmly, he made his way slowly up the steps, admiring the childhood photos of Keith as he went. Pictures where Keith's hair slowly got longer, his smile fading slightly as he was photographed standing next to a taller man with long silver hair.

He released a slower, softer knock on Keith's bedroom door.
"Can I come in?"

Keith hummed in response and Lance took it as permission. He could never have imagined what Keith would've looked like when he walked in. He thought that Keith would look like he normally did, but he looked broken.

The large shirt draped over his shoulders made him appear smaller, his hair was sticking out in different directions. As he wrapped his arms around his legs, tucking them into his chest he let out a broken sigh, causing Lance's heart to wither in his chest slightly. The light in his eyes that Lance had looked in so many times were dull, the usual sparkle was lost. His eye bags were most prominent, small patches of concealer struggling to cover the dark blue colour underneath.

His heart almost broke as he saw Keith in such state, Lance's immediate reaction was to throw his shoes off, drop his phone and rush over to his soulmate. He wrapped his arms around Keith's torso tightly, but in a loving manner.

"Hi." Keith smiled lopsidedly, slightly lightening up as Lance's warmth enveloped his body.

Eventually letting go, Lance sat himself across from Keith, crossing his legs awkwardly.

"Are you okay?"

Keith sighed, he knew he wasn't alright, he never wanted to have this sort of conversation with anyone. He had already hoped to get away from his situation before ever meeting his soulmate. The thought of telling Lance about his life as a stripper, his past of being held captive in a relationship, it broke him inside. He wouldn't know how to react if Lance got angry at him, the thought of being treated like he once was terrified him. Lance had never acted like that once, never even showed one single sign of aggression towards Keith, but the underlying memories of being hurt would always be there, something that no one would ever be able to get rid of.