The Time of Love.

Hello Kiddywinks I'm back from my little break and I'm feeling better than ever. Other than having to deal with Kirsty rambling about homework whilst reading this, I'm glad that Kirsty Colonoscopy was here to make me laugh about tongue clapping. ENJOY THIS OR DIE.

Surprisingly, the encounter with Lotor didn't have much affect on Keith. His attitude seemed perkier and even Lance knew he was being truthful in his actions as the ring indicated his weirdly positive mood.

Lotor's return should've scared him even more, stopped him from coming out of his bedroom for days on end, but it only strengthened his bond with Lance. Knowing that his soulmate would attack someone for him and potentially put himself in danger made Keith feel security in their relationship. As much as Lance had tried to prove his strength before, nothing had been able to convince Keith as much as the physical actions did.

The event had the biggest impact on Lance, the feeling of his pocketknife dragging through the skin of another human being sickened him, his Mother would've never tolerated that had she've still been around and the endless thoughts of being a disappointment rattled through his bones. The fact that Keith's safety was on the line didn't seem to block the thoughts in anyway, so he took to dancing.

Something that he had to stop constantly, due to his Father's abuse and the anxiety about being seen by someone during his vulnerable moments he was never able to fully relax. With Keith curled up in his bedroom soundly asleep and the main Holt family out for a bonding trip, he knew he had time to free himself.

As he placed his ipod into the speaker, setting the volume lower as to not wake Keith, Lance revelled in the fact that he had protected his soulmate, the added side-effects of guilt were washed away momentarily and he physically felt his shoulders loosen. Carrying the weight and pressure of doing high-school American football was also nerve-wracking and being the alpha-male dominated sport it was, masculinity was something everyone there took pride in. Binary, non-binary, gay, straight, bisexual and other factors didn't come into play during the game, the only important thing being how well you could play, and if you lived up to that or not.

The increased pressure of the sporting world and the added weight of protecting someone with a crazy rapist ex boyfriend is enough to make someone go mad, let alone someone who already has enough secretive family problems. To put a long story short, Lance's life was basically one big, fat mess. Dancing had been the only thing to help him through all of the tough times, and even though he was once put down for his only stress relief -- Lance was now able to dance without the worry of the repercussions.

Pressing shuffle on his playlist, Lance stepped out into the middle of the living room, stretching his arms above his head he let out a sigh that he'd apparently been holding. Even the seconds before dancing felt like bliss, all emotion trailing away into the simple moments of peace and tranquil. And thats when the music started.

'Le temps de l'amour' started quietly trailing from the speaker, loud enough for the sweet hum of the guitar to fill Lance's head, the beat synchronising to his heart in a way that could only happen in a fiction book. The weird way that his muscles automatically loosen up on their own, as if the smallest sound of music sends endorphins raging through his body, his veins pulsating with the need to express his emotions.

As the first lyric hit, Lance raised his arms above his head, spinning around on his feet, letting the rhythm of the music take control of his body like a pathogen, except this pathogen built up his immunity, allowing him to become a stronger version of his previous self.

In a way that couldn't've been even more satisfying, Lance rolled onto the floor, arms wrapped around his torso in a dramatic emotion, playing out the story of loss and sadness that had been his life until meeting Keith, the way that most kids wouldn't survive and either through being abused fatally to suicide and everything else, he was still there at this present day. In Lance's eyes, he was meant to be on Earth for a reason, and it was proven after everything he had been through -- even with multiple head injuries and times where he should've been left for dead, Lance somehow managed to pull through and heal himself again. Allowing himself chance after chance to make things better, and even the way that his soulmate had treated their ring, his life was on a downward spiral.

The permanent scars and reminders would be there, and there would be a time where he'd have to explain everything to Keith. Explain how his father shattered beer and glass bottles over his head and his body, threatening him and his siblings until his mother and the youngest children left, how he was left to deal with the brunt force of his Father's anger. Protecting Ronnie was the only thing that he had to do, so he went through with it - allowed himself to be beaten time and time again for mistakes that he didn't even make, allowed his Father's own prejudice and homophobic stereotypes to put him into a desperate mental state.  It was horrific. But it was okay now.

Because in the three minutes that the song lasted, the wave of feeling that overcame him, the hidden memories that he had pushed back long ago, resurfaced and dissolved as if in that moment, anything was possible.

Lance hadn't even realised the silent tears that slipped down his cheeks, splattering quietly against the sound as his body continued to move, extravagant expressions and actions that only added more emotion and love to his dance. The first dance that he'd been able to completely let go to the point where he also hadn't noticed the patter of footsteps leading up to the room, the black figure in the doorway watching him with the most shocked, loving expression that a person could even manage.

When the song's last few beats came and the faint guitar faded away, Lance was left panting on the floor, feeling the wetness of his cheeks. He didn't even mind the way that his dancing socks were slightly damp (ew) from stepping in his own tears because the fresh feeling of being set loose had overcome his body.

Letting his mind come down from his heightened state, Lance's ears picked up on the breath behind him and he spun round immediately, eyes falling onto his boyfriend.

Keith's messy hair was chucked up into a ponytail and he'd worn a pair of Lance's grey sweatpants, his eyes looked slightly glassy and the smallest tear had escaped his right eye. Lance wondered what Keith was thinking in that moment, and he realised that due to their soul bond, Keith had probably felt Lance's exact emotions in the moment, realised how the dance was silently dedicated to him. Words didn't need to be spoken between the two as Keith ran forward and into Lance's arms, wrapping his arms around the slightly sweaty torso of his soulmate.

Keith didn't even have to ask why Lance didn't tell him about his hobby, in the few moments that their connection seemed to be at the strongest, Keith had felt the weirdest of emotions. The weird way that he had experienced a plethora of feelings as he watched his soulmate dance, he knew that it was a relief for him.

Lance only mentally thanked the gods for the blessing that was his boyfriend, and he knew that Keith was more than he could ever ask for. He would never take Keith for granted, and he knew Keith would say the same.

OBTAIN THAT GRAIN KIDDOS.